The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Marginal fail

I go to Aston uni and study marketing however I just failed a module with 34.8% at third attempt. The percentage minimum for condonement is 35% however do you think they’ll round it up
To
35%? I got 38 percent in the exam but my coursework brought me down. Any advice is welcome Aston
Original post by Anonymous
I go to Aston uni and study marketing however I just failed a module with 34.8% at third attempt. The percentage minimum for condonement is 35% however do you think they’ll round it up
To
35%? I got 38 percent in the exam but my coursework brought me down. Any advice is welcome Aston

It will be in the rules or just ask registry. I expect you will get the benefit of rounding, but you should also check whether you will get the benefit of condonement, which depending on the rules is not automatic.

Registry will know what the rules are.
https://www2.aston.ac.uk/academic-services/contact-us

You can also try the su or your department. IF you get nowhere then post back and I will look it up.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
This is what they say on their guidelines about rounding. Rounding of marks should not normally occur, except where averaging of marks for examination scripts with more than one answer results in a fractional mark for the assessment as a whole (this applies to me) On such occasions the actual number should be recorded to two decimal places.

Quick Reply

Latest