The Student Room Group

UK University admission appeal

Hi, I've just received my A levels results and a subject didn't meet the academic requirement of my conditional offers at my firm, LSE and insurance, Manchester. If anyone has a guideline to appeal a placement at the university, please do help me.
It depends on the course you applied for and how competitive it is. Admissions will first allocate places to those who have met their offers and then look at near-miss candidates. You might be offered a place if it's a narrow miss, but there's no guarantee. Has your UCAS/uni portal updated with a rejection? Has it updated at all?

And no, please don't mail the uni begging for leniency.
No, there will likely be a big pool of students to choose from.
Hey. I’m having the exact same problem as you. I’ve missed my LSE law offer by a point in Literature and by 2 in history. Cambridge is releasing the PUMs today and you can make an enquiry in hope of better grades. If you are a near miss the LSE website states you will be considered against other candidates who ‘marginally failed’ to meet their offer. I suggest you begin looking for something called clearing spots either on UCAS or individual university websites. Pretty good unis have extra spots left in London such as QMUL. They are Russell group and have pretty amazing programmes. I’m doing the exact same thing.
Original post by nadyakims
Hi, I've just received my A levels results and a subject didn't meet the academic requirement of my conditional offers at my firm, LSE and insurance, Manchester. If anyone has a guideline to appeal a placement at the university, please do help me.

There is no appeal. If you dont meet the offer that is it especially for somewhere like LSE which is heavily oversubscribed for most courses.

The situation is that a university looks to see how many students have met their offer. If they have reached the number of places you will be rejected. If not they look at near misses. If they reject you that is the end of the matter and you need to look elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending