The Student Room Group

What should I be doing now as a year 11 student?

Now that GCSEs are cancelled, what should I be doing while I'm at home? I'm not worried about my predicted grades and do not wish to resit any of my GCSEs later on. We aren't being sent any work from teachers so I have nothing to do for the next few months. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can be doing?
If you are going on to do a levels just begin by perfecting the foundations at a slow comfortable base but don’t go crazy on any work. And if you’re hella enthusiastic begin by looking at the a level content to get a head start as I know most colleges/sixthforms do exams a few weeks in to see if the student is suited for the subject
But also enjoy this break as best as u can
Original post by hangfd
Now that GCSEs are cancelled, what should I be doing while I'm at home? I'm not worried about my predicted grades and do not wish to resit any of my GCSEs later on. We aren't being sent any work from teachers so I have nothing to do for the next few months. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can be doing?

Honestly I'm exactly the same tbh Im thinking of picking up a new hobby or something like that or learning a new language
might be worth considering the scenario if you're unhappy with any of your gcse grades and wish to do the exam later on, but i don't think this will be a common scenario compared to a-level. if you're doing a levels and have a good idea of what you'll be doing, nothing wrong with doing some light prep for it towards the end of the summer :yep:
many supermarkets may be looking for staff because of covid-19 so if you don't mind stacking shelves or something to earn a bit of cash ask around. or if you're not interested in getting a job, see if you can do some volunteering locally as no doubt most communities at this time would appreciate an extra pair of hands.
read books or watch movies too :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest