The Student Room Group

year 10 mock revision??

hey there!
I'm currently a year 10 student taking: english lang, english lit, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, rs, food tech, computer science and geography.

my target grades given by school are as follows (if you're wondering):
english lit - 7
(currently don't have one for english lang, but probably 7)
maths - 8
biology - 9
chemistry - 9
physics - 8
computer science - 7
food tech - 8
geography - 7
rs - 8
(but i want to aim for 8/9's for all my subjects!!)

I have my first ever year 10 mocks in about 4 weeks time (after the Easter break) and have no idea where to start with revision for any of my subjects...
any suggestions..?

(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by infamous.nugget
hey there!
I'm currently a year 10 student taking: english lang, english lit, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, rs, food tech, computer science and geography.
my target grades are as follows (if you're wondering):
english lit - 7
(currently don't have one for english lang, but probably 7)
maths - 8
biology - 9
chemistry - 9
physics - 8
computer science - 7
food tech - 8
geography - 7
rs - 8
(but i want to aim for 8/9's for all my subjects!!)
I have my first ever year 10 mocks in about 4 weeks time (after the Easter break) and have no idea where to start with revision for any of my subjects...
any suggestions..?
your yr 10 mocks are pretty meaningless, the thing it does show it how you are doing in yr 10, if you get complacent in yr 11 then that's what occurs (bad results).

revision wise I would say take it slow, build a light routine and revise your subjects, go for the ones you don't understand at all ( subject wise) and go through any content you don't know. to see what content you don't know, do some past papers, when you have done them- mark them yourself. once done you should be able to see gaps or entire chapters you don't know. for english and essay subjects you will need to practise and get them marked somehow. make sure to learn the content ( repetition) but follow to textbook for some of your subjects.
Original post by jacksmith23
your yr 10 mocks are pretty meaningless, the thing it does show it how you are doing in yr 10, if you get complacent in yr 11 then that's what occurs (bad results).
revision wise I would say take it slow, build a light routine and revise your subjects, go for the ones you don't understand at all ( subject wise) and go through any content you don't know. to see what content you don't know, do some past papers, when you have done them- mark them yourself. once done you should be able to see gaps or entire chapters you don't know. for english and essay subjects you will need to practise and get them marked somehow. make sure to learn the content ( repetition) but follow to textbook for some of your subjects.
thanks for the advice!

I was also just wondering what the best way to get started with revision? e.g. if i should start with reading my revision guide, making flashcards, past papers, etc
is there any specific order which is more effective?
thanks for the advice!
I was also just wondering what the best way to get started with revision? e.g. if i should start with reading my revision guide, making flashcards, past papers, etc
At the moment for year 10, I think you should just do flash cards and past papers. You can never go wrong with that
thanks for the advice!
varies from person to person, try them all. see what makes you be able to remember the best.
Reply 5
Hi , I’m currently in year 11 and I would totally recommend to ‘Use physics and maths tutor’ , it’s for free and has past paper questions , mind maps , videos, brake-down of all topics , the specification etc , Literally the best revision tool /website and Hope you do well on your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest