The American SATs or the British SATs?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
The American SATs or the British SATs?

british
utterly pointless
Stress for the kids with no benefit to them whatsoever
Reply 4
most futile thing ever, for me the only determined what sets I was put in for year 7,8,9. then in year 10-11(current), i was moved up. Only thing i would say is that my target grades have consistently been low(set by online system) however i never paid attention to them.HOWEVER, they still should be done to give children early on a sense of pressure as they r board exams.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
I guess it's alright for Y6 because the government can make sure all children are at a basic level of maths and english as well as making sure primary schools are up to standard. However, I defo don't think kids should be judged by that or put into sets by it
Reply 6
I think they should be scrapped as they have no real benefit for students other than sorting them into sets in year 7, which could easily be done in a waythat causes much less anxiety to students. This year's reading paper is the perfect example of why SATs are harmful to students. It is finally getting the media attention it deserves that could spark change, but that should never have had to come from a situation in which ten and eleven year olds were left devastated by an exam paper - I think the people who set the SATs papers this year have a lot to answer for.
Reply 7
Unpopular opinion. I'm in yr 11 rn and I don't think there is anything wrong with them. Seeing that they will have to complete several more sets of public exams in their lives, there is no better time to get into the routine than now. I personally feel completing SATs mentally prepared me for my GCSEs I am doing right now, I can look back on my SATs and see how I overcame that hurdle back then, it allows me to believe I can overcome my GCSEs too. I understand they are stressful but I think they serve as an important lesson to children, sometimes in life you have to do hard and stressful things, things you can't just cry to get out of.:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by hurtinguser
i'm currently in yr11 and wanted to know ur thoughts

you are in yr 11 mate why do you care about tests you sat 5 years ago?
Unpopular opinion, SATs are not harmful but needed. Setting is important in Year 7, in my opinion, being in the right classes is beneficial. This year's SATs reading paper was a witchhunt from the media as they are trying to draw attention to the topic, I took SATs in 2021 and my reading paper questions were way more difficult than this year's paper in my opinion, yet no one stirred a fuss. If students are being taught correctly, there should be no issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending