The Student Room Group

6th form

Move from private school to state 6th form right after GCSE, when I should start to apply? What other suggestions from people with the similar experience
Reply 1
Original post by Fify_007
Move from private school to state 6th form right after GCSE, when I should start to apply? What other suggestions from people with the similar experience

You need to watch the websites of the schools you are interested. Usually they have Open evenings in the Autumn term of Year 11 and each school will have a different closing date for applications.

I find that students who join us from Private schools after GCSE are usually a bit behind our own students.
Our sixth form application closed at the end of December. However, this is so that they can start ficing the option blocks and building the timetable. We would take applications now but the flexibility of subject choice would begin to reduce through the term.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
You need to watch the websites of the schools you are interested. Usually they have Open evenings in the Autumn term of Year 11 and each school will have a different closing date for applications.

I find that students who join us from Private schools after GCSE are usually a bit behind our own students.

Thank you so much for your information. I thought I should start to apply in year 10, one year before taking GCSE...
You are right I need to watch the school's website.
Reply 4
Original post by totallyfine
Our sixth form application closed at the end of December. However, this is so that they can start ficing the option blocks and building the timetable. We would take applications now but the flexibility of subject choice would begin to reduce through the term.

Thank you for the reply. I'm now in year 10.
Do you mean I can start to apply now but the deadline is the end of December of year 11?
Original post by Fify_007
Thank you for the reply. I'm now in year 10.
Do you mean I can start to apply now but the deadline is the end of December of year 11?

Our sixth form won't open applications for the following academic year yet. That will happen in September. Wait until then
Reply 6
Original post by totallyfine
Our sixth form won't open applications for the following academic year yet. That will happen in September. Wait until then

ok thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending