The Student Room Group

Should I worry about Year 10?

I’m going into year 10 after summer, and I feel stressed about how difficult it may be. I finished Year 9 with only two 7’s, mostly 9’s and a few 8’s, so I’d say I managed to cope with Year 9 pretty well. I am prepared to revise and study everything I need to, and luckily I beat my laziness in Year 8. I’m worried about whether the courses and exams will become something terrifying. Is Year 10 going to actually be a massive difference from Year 9, or should I take it easy and continue working hard like in Year 9?
Reply 1
No, dont stress it. In year 10 in my school, we just went through the same topics but more in depth. As long as you have a good grasp of the topics e.g. science paper 1 then you should be fine
In year 11, you should put your head down since you will be learning new content and time will go quick. My advice is take it easy and relax in year 10 and try in year 11
they are amazing results, well done!!
i didn't find the jump between year 9 and year 10 that bad at all and there's nothing to worry about, i would reccomend just carrying on the way you are and continue working how you have been!!
i would reccomend just making sure your year 7-9 knowledge is good especially in sciences and maths because i had to go back overa few topics later on since i wasnt that confident in them but you dont need to do much :smile:
i would also say use year 10 to find what revision techniques work for you and made resources as you go instead of leaving it until the last minute
hope this was helpful!!
Dont worry about it man year 10 was a breeze up until the last half/quarter. I was a lil stoner for a while back then but yk it didnt change much ive done my gcses now and im just waiting to get the grades back. If ur ever freaking out abt grades tho use seneca and quizlet. Theyre lifesavers trust me
Revise! It will pay of in yr 11
Reply 5
I agree with everything everyone's saying about not stressing but I wanted to add

the teachers may go on big rants about how important gcses are, they might suddenly freak out about homework marks or test results, they generally will probably become way more hard arsed.
THOSE COMMENTS AREN'T FOR YOU. the teachers are trying to put the fear of God into the kids sat at the back getting 1s in maths and not giving a damn. all the posturing really freaked me out at the start of year ten but it is not because YOU need it or because YOU are doing anything wrong. with those year 9 results you're a dream student that they don't have to stress about. You sound like you're doing everything right, the step up really isn't that bad, and you'll be fine. Don't stress :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest