The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrsmed
Thank you, the answer I got is 0.384dm3 based on 5 mol of gas released. However, the answer in the book is 0.461dm3 and I've no idea how they've got to that. I'm wondering if it's a printing error? It's driving me mad

Sorry just realised I didn’t divide by 2 before multiplying by 5 - I get the same answer as you I’d guess its a misprint!
Reply 121
Original post by ChemGirl95
Sorry just realised I didn’t divide by 2 before multiplying by 5 - I get the same answer as you I’d guess its a misprint!

Thank you! That makes me feel better, I thought I was doing something wrong
Original post by Sweet-honeypot
Can anyone give me tips as to what came up in section 2. What was the topics on?

You shouldn't be asking
Reply 123
OMG I'M SO MAD. I was scheduled to do the exam this afternoon and i was doing it for 20 mins or so then the proctor decided to disconnect. i waited MORE THAN 3 HOURS and even called the US office to get it fixed, and they got a diff proctor but when they finally got me back onto the exam, it said that my time ran out and they submitted what I've done (barely half of the exam). So i just sent an email to gamsat asking if i can reschedule. I've seen on reddit that there are some people who were able to schedule and some people who weren't.... and I'm quite worried ahh....
Original post by Eme223
OMG I'M SO MAD. I was scheduled to do the exam this afternoon and i was doing it for 20 mins or so then the proctor decided to disconnect. i waited MORE THAN 3 HOURS and even called the US office to get it fixed, and they got a diff proctor but when they finally got me back onto the exam, it said that my time ran out and they submitted what I've done (barely half of the exam). So i just sent an email to gamsat asking if i can reschedule. I've seen on reddit that there are some people who were able to schedule and some people who weren't.... and I'm quite worried ahh....

Oh gosh I’m so sorry this has happened to you! I’ve seen a few people had issues like this on facebook but they have managed to get it rescheduled. The only rule ACER have said to them (apparently, I haven’t seen this myself) is that S1/S2 still has to be done within that testing week. I’m sure it will all get sorted, try not to stress!!
Reply 125
Oh gosh I’m so sorry this has happened to you! I’ve seen a few people had issues like this on facebook but they have managed to get it rescheduled. The only rule ACER have said to them (apparently, I haven’t seen this myself) is that S1/S2 still has to be done within that testing week. I’m sure it will all get sorted, try not to stress!!

Yeah.. thanksss :'( tmr is the last day for S1 & 2 though..... what to do 😭😭
Original post by Eme223
Yeah.. thanksss :'( tmr is the last day for S1 & 2 though..... what to do 😭😭

I’m sure ACER will be working round the clock to get back to everyone, there will be plenty in your situation unfortunately
Reply 127
I’m sure ACER will be working round the clock to get back to everyone, there will be plenty in your situation unfortunately

honestly proctoring is so ****.... i've heard even worse cases for pearson proctoring :'( made a mental note to avoid UCAT proctored sessions yikesss
Does anyone know when gamsat registrations for September open? It says on the website mid May but it's still closed....
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
Has anyone done the may gamsat test yet? If yes, what tips do you have for the people sitting it in September?

My biggest tip would be to start early - a little goes a long way.

In relation to section 1;
read a lot from a wide range of sources to get used to reading different writing styles. This will make it so much easier (poetry, philosophy, plays, fiction, newspapers etc... there’s also a recommended reading list).

In relation to section 2;
just practise practice practice! Even if you only practise formulating plans surrounding different comments to begin with, it’ll train your mind to do this quicker.

In relation to section 3;
do loads of GAMSAT style Qs. The GAMSAT doesn’t test your ability to regurgitate knowledge, but your application of that knowledge, so be familiar with how they do this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ingriddracula
Does anyone know when gamsat registrations for September open? It says on the website mid May but it's still closed....

Typically opens after results from the previous sitting are released so I’d expect early July this year
Hey guys, not sure if anyone would be able to give me some advice. I got 57.75 an overall for my second year of law which is a 2:2. I want to apply for the 2021 sitting of medicine. When applying with my predicted grade, will they ask for a refrence from ur lecturer to back up my predicted grade? I really want to do medicine as early as possible. And I am stuck cause my module leader is very stingy. He will not give me a 2:1 predicted grade. I can only get 1 refrence of lecturer who will predict me a 2:1. But she is my ex lecturer. She taught me 2 modules back
have you got any science background?
Original post by safia007.310
Hey guys, not sure if anyone would be able to give me some advice. I got 57.75 an overall for my second year of law which is a 2:2. I want to apply for the 2021 sitting of medicine. When applying with my predicted grade, will they ask for a refrence from ur lecturer to back up my predicted grade? I really want to do medicine as early as possible. And I am stuck cause my module leader is very stingy. He will not give me a 2:1 predicted grade. I can only get 1 refrence of lecturer who will predict me a 2:1. But she is my ex lecturer. She taught me 2 modules back

have you got any science background? unis shouldnt mind too much as long as your background is sufficient
Original post by billyjoel245

have you got any science background? unis shouldnt mind too much as long as your background is sufficient

I litetally dont have any science background😭😭😭
Original post by safia007.310
I litetally dont have any science background😭😭😭

ok you may need to get a 2:1 reference then. can you explain your situation to the module leader?
ok you may need to get a 2:1 reference then. can you explain your situation to the module leader?

I tried telling him but he is not listening and he is soo rude. 😭😭 I dont know what to do
Reply 136

really? where did you get this from?
Hi

I’m an international Medical Sciences undergraduate studying in UK and wish to apply for graduate entry medicine for September 2021 entry. I realised that the last GAMSAT exam accounted for September 2021 entry ended with the March sitting. I want to know if I can still apply for 2021 entry if I sit the September sitting?

Thank you
Original post by RexDavid01
Hi

I’m an international Medical Sciences undergraduate studying in UK and wish to apply for graduate entry medicine for September 2021 entry. I realised that the last GAMSAT exam accounted for September 2021 entry ended with the March sitting. I want to know if I can still apply for 2021 entry if I sit the September sitting?

Thank you

You can yes - you just wont know your score before you submit your UCAS applications.
You can yes - you just wont know your score before you submit your UCAS applications.

Ahhhh so that puts me in a tricky spot doesn’t it. It means I have to take a risk of losing 1 or 2 of my 4 choices, as I still haven’t finalised my choices, in case I don’t get the cutoff.

I have 6 unis in mind and 2 of them include GAMSAT unis. The other 4 are UCAT unis. I know I have only 4 choices, so think I have to strategise it again based on the risk factor. Thank you for the reply and good luck with your application too😌

Latest

Trending

Trending