The Student Room Group

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonbow
I am so sorry to intrude but do you want me to tag you into notifications? Just checking in case I forgot to ask :h:

No thank you! I help run one of the big AC sites so I'm constantly on top of the news. :lol:
Reply 81
Original post by sinfonietta
No thank you! I help run one of the big AC sites so I'm constantly on top of the news. :lol:

Wow! Your definitely an expert on AC then!
Feel free to post any news you find here too (if you need a list of tags I’m happy to share if it makes it easier :wink:).
I’m so excited for the diving feature coming...tomorrow I think?? I hope they’ve sped up the swimming speed because I remember having a nightmare chasing those sea creatures without them swimming out of reach :K:
Also, do you the exact features being teased for the second update as of yet? I remember fireworks but nothing else yet.

Sorry to bombard you! I’m just really fascinated by being a contributor! It’s really cool!
Original post by Moonbow
Wow! Your definitely an expert on AC then!
Feel free to post any news you find here too (if you need a list of tags I’m happy to share if it makes it easier :wink:).
I’m so excited for the diving feature coming...tomorrow I think?? I hope they’ve sped up the swimming speed because I remember having a nightmare chasing those sea creatures without them swimming out of reach :K:
Also, do you the exact features being teased for the second update as of yet? I remember fireworks but nothing else yet.

Sorry to bombard you! I’m just really fascinated by being a contributor! It’s really cool!

The update is out 2am BST. Make sure to update your game before booting it up for the day! I made the mistake of not checking before the Redd/Leif update dropped and had to wait an extra day to enjoy the new content. :frown:

I didn't enjoy diving in ACNL so I'm hoping it's less tedious this time. The video made it look more fun anyway!

I think it was only fireworks shown so far for August. There is likely more to come though! Then again, the Museum Day event was so minimal that I guess we never know what to expect. :lol:
I'm planning to let go of Sherb when he eventually asks. Was planning to put him up for auction on an AC site, but could check with you first to see if you've found him by then?

awww that would be great if you could! :biggrin:
Managed to catch my first fish today :excited:
Wasn't sure how to yesterday, but today it worked :woo:
Reply 85
Original post by Chronoscope
Managed to catch my first fish today :excited:
Wasn't sure how to yesterday, but today it worked :woo:

Yay! Which one 🥳
Be sure to update your game at 2pm before booting it up so you can go diving too 😱🤩
Reply 86
The update is out 2am BST. Make sure to update your game before booting it up for the day! I made the mistake of not checking before the Redd/Leif update dropped and had to wait an extra day to enjoy the new content. :frown:

I didn't enjoy diving in ACNL so I'm hoping it's less tedious this time. The video made it look more fun anyway!

I think it was only fireworks shown so far for August. There is likely more to come though! Then again, the Museum Day event was so minimal that I guess we never know what to expect. :lol:

Oh goodness that museum day event was so disappointing! Same prize each day!? They could’ve at least made it one of the prizes (bug rally, for example) available and rotated it each week for three weeks :K:
The firework events were so lovely though! I wish they’d bring an astronomy section to the museum too, where you donated star pieces and they could have hidden numbers so there is say 30 in total plus constellations and you could donate the craft able items from star pieces to the museum, it’d be fascinating to learn the lore behind all of it. I’d also like to see the wand have more powers such as changing other villagers clothing or teleportation to a special random island each month 🤯
Not likely, but you’ve got to dream 🥰
I woke-up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep so ended up playing for two hours in the night. I spent a whole 10-20 minutes diving then went back to landscaping. :lol:

I happened to have CJ today. Great! Except he doesn't take deep sea critters.
Reply 88

Spoiler

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Update of July 3rd of Animal Crossing New Horizons is to go live at 2am BST. Please try not to start your game for the day before updating, as you may not receive the update and may have to wait until tomorrow.
I hope you all enjoy!!
Edit: This was @2am and not pm, thanks @Phoenixfeather99!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0luDEHesc
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonbow

Spoiler

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Update of July 3rd of Animal Crossing New Horizons is to go live at 2pm BST. Please try not to start your game for the day before updating, as you may not receive the update and may have to wait until tomorrow.
I hope you all enjoy!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0luDEHesc

It came out at 2am. I’ve already been swimming at 10am this morning.
Reply 90
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
It came out at 2am. I’ve already been swimming at 10am this morning.

Omg 🤣
Sorry, clearly I watched too many Pokémon directs at 2pm and took an assumption it would be in the afternoon 😅
I’ll make it clear in the announcement x
Original post by Moonbow
Omg 🤣
Sorry, clearly I watched too many Pokémon directs at 2pm and took an assumption it would be in the afternoon 😅
I’ll make it clear in the announcement x

It’s okay. Enjoy your swimming!!
Ahhh loving the swimming update, wish I could be doing that IRL rn lol

Not exactly AC related, but does anyone have any idea how to fix joycon drift? It's making playing the game so hard, especially terraforming and pathing :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by wastedcuriosity
Ahhh loving the swimming update, wish I could be doing that IRL rn lol

Not exactly AC related, but does anyone have any idea how to fix joycon drift? It's making playing the game so hard, especially terraforming and pathing :frown:

Does this help? :smile:
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/joy-con-drift-fix/

Ah thank you so much! Didn't even think to calibrate the controllers :biggrin:
Reply 95
Ah thank you so much! Didn't even think to calibrate the controllers :biggrin:

Thank goodness it worked! Drifting is a nightmare I’ve not experienced...yet. At least we know what to do when it strikes :biggrin:
On another note, leaving me with mirror mode on the design app is an awful idea :colondollar: I mean WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS 🤣
It looks like the android monster lmao 😆
14CC818D-C032-4B33-83D4-6A4BC372D67A.jpeg
Original post by Moonbow
Thank goodness it worked! Drifting is a nightmare I’ve not experienced...yet. At least we know what to do when it strikes :biggrin:
On another note, leaving me with mirror mode on the design app is an awful idea :colondollar: I mean WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS 🤣
It looks like the android monster lmao 😆
14CC818D-C032-4B33-83D4-6A4BC372D67A.jpeg

It really is, especially when trying to do paths... I've never felt frustration like it haha!!

Hahah thats awesome! Honestly better than anything I could ever do on the designer app :giggle:
Reply 97
It really is, especially when trying to do paths... I've never felt frustration like it haha!!

Hahah thats awesome! Honestly better than anything I could ever do on the designer app :giggle:

Oh trust me you won’t want to see the mess I’ve made of all the designs. They are all half finished or incredibly messy!
I’ve had quite a problem with motivation on waterscaping especially! I see a neat idea online, try it myself, halfway through it starts raining, and I get sad and give up. Hence my island has a lot of sketchy looking ponds and rivers :laugh:
I have spent 7 hours today terraforming my new island having unlocked terraforming yesterday. I had my friends come to my island last night to help me chop all my trees and enjoy a meteor shower (my first ever in 3 months of playing). I have deleted all my water and cliffs and moved all my buildings to the beach.
So far today in the building of my island I have created an entrance, created my shopping area and placed nooks and ables (yes I did tt) and designed the area around residential services as well as started the area around my house (which will have a private beach).
I am now terraformed out for the day and will continue tomorrow with the creation of my museum area and make a start with the placement and design of some of my villager houses. I may do the campsite as well but I’m not sure where I want that yet.
I have finally finished terraforming my island and have also managed to get rid of Sprocket!! Found Molly with only 9 nmt’s!!! I wanted ketchup originally but now I think Molly is here to stay (I have a 1 type of animal rule). Now I’m fighting Isabelle to get to 5 stars without ruining the feel of my island.

Quick Reply

Latest