The Student Room Group

Animal science Nottingham

Hi Everyone
Is anyone on the animal science course starting this September?
Hi, I have been offered this course for September 2023 but am hoping for a VET med offer from my other Uni choices and still not sure if I i'll take this degree or not yet. I am going to the offer holder day next weekend though to find out a bit more about the course as I just put it down as a fifth choice just in case I didn't get any VAT offers and after 2 rejections so far, I am keen to get some more information on this degree :smile: I do really like Nottingham and the Sutton Bonnington campus.
Original post by Anna2005
Hi Everyone
Reply 2
Original post by Ozzymcfc
Hi, I have been offered this course for September 2023 but am hoping for a VET med offer from my other Uni choices and still not sure if I i'll take this degree or not yet. I am going to the offer holder day next weekend though to find out a bit more about the course as I just put it down as a fifth choice just in case I didn't get any VAT offers and after 2 rejections so far, I am keen to get some more information on this degree :smile: I do really like Nottingham and the Sutton Bonnington campus.

I understand totally
Where were your Vet offers / rejections
I’m the same like Sutton bonington campus
rejected from Nottingham and Liverpool post interview and waiting for decisions from Bristol and Harper Keele. Fingers Crossed for some good news soon :biggrin:! I was really gutted about Nottingham and this is why I am considering the Animal Science offer as it is still SB :biggrin:. May see you in September! My offer is conditional though and so still need the grades! How about you?

I understand totally
Where were your Vet offers / rejections
I’m the same like Sutton bonington campus
Reply 4
rejected from Nottingham and Liverpool post interview and waiting for decisions from Bristol and Harper Keele. Fingers Crossed for some good news soon :biggrin:! I was really gutted about Nottingham and this is why I am considering the Animal Science offer as it is still SB :biggrin:. May see you in September! My offer is conditional though and so still need the grades! How about you?

Yes conditional BBB SO FINGERS CROSSED I didn’t do chemistry so was limited to only Nottingham preliminary course and sadly got interview but no offer 😢 so because I love SB this seems perfect 👍🏻
Good luck 😃
Reply 6
Good luck 😃

Good luck 🤞🏻 too
Hi! I’ve got an offer for this course for september and i think i’m going to firm it
Hi Everyone
Hi Everyone

heyy! i’ve just confirmed my place to study animal science at UON in september! are you still going? my snap is maddie_great xx
Original post by melissa39
Hi! I’ve got an offer for this course for september and i think i’m going to firm it

did you end up firming UON animal science? if so i’ll see you in sept :smile: my snap is maddie_great xx
Reply 10
Original post by maddygreatorex
did you end up firming UON animal science? if so i’ll see you in sept :smile: my snap is maddie_great xx

Hi yes I did! I’ll add you :smile: xx
Hey! I am going into my 3rd year for animal science in Nottingham, feel free to ask me any questions that you might have! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by jenniferrr20821
Hey! I am going into my 3rd year for animal science in Nottingham, feel free to ask me any questions that you might have! :smile:

hi! what are career options like after you graduate? also is there any kind of support for post-grads? i'm also doing Animal science this September but i'm a little unsure of my options after the course! thanks :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by kabloo
hi! what are career options like after you graduate? also is there any kind of support for post-grads? i'm also doing Animal science this September but i'm a little unsure of my options after the course! thanks :smile:

I was going to ask about the career options after too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by melissa39
I was going to ask about the career options after too :smile:

it's my only worry to be honest. i love the course!
Original post by kabloo

Hey! As I am aware of there are quite a few graduates go into research to companies like Genus and Waltham, you can also go off to study animal nutrition or veterinary physiotherapy for masters after. I know someone who went straight into a PhD right after graduation, and you can become an animal technician as well. And of course, graduate vet school is also a popular option! The degree opens up a lot of doors as it's a BSc degree so you do learn all the basic science skills in the degree! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by jenniferrr20821
Hey! As I am aware of there are quite a few graduates go into research to companies like Genus and Waltham, you can also go off to study animal nutrition or veterinary physiotherapy for masters after. I know someone who went straight into a PhD right after graduation, and you can become an animal technician as well. And of course, graduate vet school is also a popular option! The degree opens up a lot of doors as it's a BSc degree so you do learn all the basic science skills in the degree! :smile:

Great thank you so much!
Reply 17
Original post by kabloo
it's my only worry to be honest. i love the course!

Yeah same it looks really interesting! We have a gc on snapchat of people about to start the animal science course if you wanna be added x
Could you add me to the gc please? My snap is emiliajw22
Thanks xxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending