The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lotania
feel like in real life everyone around me is nice and kind. on the internet there are people just know nothing about you and then make horrible judgement and speak out

To be honest i think TSR is quite nice, especially when compared to other areas of the internet especially twitter. I find TSR can actually be more helpful then the real world as well.

You do get trolls who say some pretty inexcusable things.

But most of the threads are well meaning. You do quite often find people here dont sugar coat things which can be perceived harshly but it really depends on context. Their is a good dose of satire & sarcasm but if its well timed humour idm.
Ignore those who are mean. Mean comments affect me especially as it gives me super chest tightness but it just gets worse when you give it attention. Put them on your ignore list and focus on the positive people
there are so many wonderful people on TSR.... as well as a fair dose of knobends. you soon get used to avoiding the latter.

there is an "ignore list" where you can put annoying posters, so you never have to read their rubbish again.
Original post by Moonlight rain
Ignore those who are mean. Mean comments affect me especially as it gives me super chest tightness but it just gets worse when you give it attention. Put them on your ignore list and focus on the positive people

there's a lot of super kind people on tsr, don't worry.
some users just have a different way of wording things that can come off as mean but i don't think they try to hurt anyone
don't be upset :console:
Original post by Lotania
feel like in real life everyone around me is nice and kind. on the internet there are people just know nothing about you and then make horrible judgement and speak out

Unfortunately this happens on every platform. People find it easier to bully when behind a screen but probably wouldn’t do this in person.

If someone has been rude to you, simply report them or ignore them. If it’s really bad, do both!

Hope you are okay x
It is the internet. Anyone can use it and the anonymity means they feel they can say anything. Keyboard warriors only
Original post by Lotania

I be honest on the internet sometimes when I see someone doing something stupid.
your welcome.

i don’t tell them irl cuz I wanna see them mess up and laugh lol.

so nah, we just say the truth. We are the same outside as the inside, some people irl might not be.

but seriously if your feelings are getting hurt stop being a big baby
I'm sorry! I know how it feels to have some disturbed people that you encounter in this fourm but do not worry about them behind the screen. I do get a sense of 'oh' from it but it is not worth it. Stay strong!
To be honest i've always found it to be the opposite, people i've met 'inrl' have been more shallow towards me and not especially loyal or nice. It is also harder to make friends when you are naturally very quiet, online that doesn't matter because everyone is at the same 'volume'.
Unfortunately there are always going to be trolls, as is the nature of the internet. The volunteers and community staff try their best to keep everything friendly but sometimes things slip through or aren't taken down in time for someone not to see it.
Please report any nasty comments you see and they will be dealt with :smile:
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
there's a lot of super kind people on tsr, don't worry.
some users just have a different way of wording things that can come off as mean but i don't think they try to hurt anyone
don't be upset :console:

PRSOM :smile:
I'm sorry you've had bad experiences :frown:

The general rules of tsr are to be friendly, and TRUST me there are plenty of friendly people on here!

You're always going to get a few bad apples. :yep:
Because while we all like to hate on the anons, deep down, at heart, we're all anon.
Original post by yzanne
I'm sorry you've had bad experiences :frown:

The general rules of tsr are to be friendly, and TRUST me there are plenty of friendly people on here!

You're always going to get a few bad apples. :yep:

thank you:sadnod:I am indeed encountering some bad apples but also knowing so many kind and wonderful people in this thread!:smile:which makes me feel so much better!
Original post by 2_versions
Because while we all like to hate on the anons, deep down, at heart, we're all anon.

omg i am 17 and this is deep
You made a brand new account to post this... smells very fishy.
Original post by DiddyDec
You made a brand new account to post this... smells very fishy.

Of cource, say whatever you want. Deleted my old account because I created a thread and the conversation goes out of my hand towards irrelevant topics of unnecessary racism against me. I reported it and it was removed, then that person posted it again. Sadly cannot delete a thread in tsr so I deleted the whole account. That's the fishy me.
Original post by Lotania

ive meet more kind and friendly people on here than I have irl

@Nutella! @Chopinnocturne31 @Brutal Bee @LovingLucy @Roses & Dreams @Celtic Conjurer @Laurence010401 just a few
Original post by Lotania

I'm not being "mean", sometimes a message needs to be given in a harder tone. You seem pampered by the people around you, this is good for now but what about the future? The world isn't a kind place tbh. You have to learn how to ignore the "mean" comments and just focus on you and how you can be better. Don't let the horrible comments affect you. You need to know that they are just words, nothing to get upset about.

Latest

Trending

Trending