The Student Room Group

Five Guys Takeaway or Sit in ?

Any one been to five guys for food just wondering if it would be worth while going seen they are back up and running is sit in or takeaway better l heard its a bit pricey l would still give it a go if the food was any good ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scottishlad888
Any one been to five guys for food just wondering if it would be worth while going seen they are back up and running is sit in or takeaway better l heard its a bit pricey l would still give it a go if the food was any good ?

Woukldnt it have been wiser to go last month when it was eat out to help out?
Original post by 999tigger
Woukldnt it have been wiser to go last month when it was eat out to help out?

The place was packed out where l stay in Scotland like they were only serving 28 people at a time l was not going to stand there for over 3 hours
Their cajun chips are to die for. :sogood:

Other than that, it's pretty overpriced for what it is.

You can no longer eat out to help out. You're too late.
Original post by MidgetFever
Their cajun chips are to die for. :sogood:

Other than that, it's pretty overpriced for what it is.

l heard that the chips are £5 that sounds crazy
Original post by Gundabad(good)
You can no longer eat out to help out. You're too late.

What the deal is finished now
I know it's a bit silly price wise but I love Five Guys. Besides Pizza Hut it is my usual go to (if one is nearby) for work trips as the price falls nicely into my T&S allowance range. The one in Bristol's Cabot Circus is my usual one and I enjoy watching the world go by while sitting in :smile:
What the deal is finished now

Yes, it ended a couple of weeks ago.
l heard that the chips are £5 that sounds crazy

I don't remember it being that expensive, mind you its been a while since I've been. :dontknow:
I like Five Guys, they have delicious burgers and the fries aren't bad either. Don't bother with a milkshake though, iirc it's like $6 and it's tiny. McDonald's milkshakes are better.
their burgers are mediocre for the price they charge. for £13 there's lots of options for an excellent burger, and five guys does not enter my mind.
Original post by MidgetFever
I don't remember it being that expensive, mind you its been a while since I've been. :dontknow:

Someone told me the chips were £5 maybe they were talking crap l will look on there website in a little while
Original post by MalcolmX
their burgers are mediocre for the price they charge. for £13 there's lots of options for an excellent burger, and five guys does not enter my mind.

l will not be going to five guys now £13 for a burger no way about $18 thank you for letting me know
Someone told me the chips were £5 maybe they were talking crap l will look on there website in a little while

they are expensive because they give you an awful lot of chips. you get some in a deep plastic pot and some thrown in the bag.
they are expensive because they give you an awful lot of chips. you get some in a deep plastic pot and some thrown in the bag.

l think l will try there chips if they give you a lot see l like my food and my moneys worth as l am Scottish

Are you kidding? It's £13 for a burger in the UK??! I haven't been in a while but I think it's about $7 in the US. Who in their right mind would pay £13 for a Five Guys burger?
Original post by Sabertooth
Are you kidding? It's £13 for a burger in the UK??! I haven't been in a while but I think it's about $7 in the US. Who in their right mind would pay £13 for a Five Guys burger?

a burger with two patties and fries will easily be £13, possibly more depending on what you get.
a burger with two patties and fries will easily be £13, possibly more depending on what you get.

With fries and a drink, that's less bad. But damn! You Brits get so ripped off. :no:
Original post by Sabertooth

And £5 for fries

Quick Reply

Latest