The Student Room Group

chemical engineering university options??

Is Strathclyde university any good for chemical engineering?
Also does Russel group matter for engineering since only one of my options has a Russell group uni in it. I think I'm going to apply to Strathclyde, Lancaster,Newcastle, Aberdeen, and surrey or Loughborough.
Are these universities reputable and good for chemical engineering?
are there any others I should consider instead?
Those are amazing universities for chemical engineering. But do consider universities such as manchester and surrey!
Reply 2
Original post by bored_user:)
Those are amazing universities for chemical engineering. But do consider universities such as manchester and surrey!

I did really Manchester however my predicted are probably going to be ABB and the course is AAB with a A in maths so it will be risky. I am considering Surrey do you think it is better than Aberdeen?
Original post by helpme111
I did really Manchester however my predicted are probably going to be ABB and the course is AAB with a A in maths so it will be risky. I am considering Surrey do you think it is better than Aberdeen?

surrey is better than aberdeen and manchester looks at other factors as well and not just your predicted!
Reply 4
Original post by bored_user:)
surrey is better than aberdeen and manchester looks at other factors as well and not just your predicted!

Yeah I understand that but it asks for an A in maths but I only have a B so I’m scared I will be wasting an option . But thank you!
Reply 5
Check their degree is accredited by the ICHemE https://www.icheme.org/education/find-a-degree-programme/ though I think all the ones you have mentioned are.
Original post by helpme111
Is Strathclyde university any good for chemical engineering?
Also does Russel group matter for engineering since only one of my options has a Russell group uni in it. I think I'm going to apply to Strathclyde, Lancaster,Newcastle, Aberdeen, and surrey or Loughborough.
Are these universities reputable and good for chemical engineering?
are there any others I should consider instead?

What university did you go? Please reply, that'd ve helpful

Quick Reply

Latest