The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Mature student at the University of Bradford

Isata, originally from the Netherlands, studies a Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine at the University of Bradford.

Isata-1-1-720x479.jpg

"Although nursing gave me some great medical experience, I’m not from a science background and the opportunity to explore chemistry, biology and some maths, really attracted me to the Foundation Year. It’s also great for people who know they want to explore a healthcare career but aren't sure exactly which direction to go in.

"I was reassured to know that if I didn’t manage to transfer to medicine I’d still be really happy to continue my clinical sciences studies and there would be lots of career opportunities for me after graduation."

"As a mature student, my journey to the University of Bradford was a little different to the norm. As I didn’t have the traditional GCSE and A level grades, I completed an Access to Higher Education course which is very much aimed at students like myself. This then allowed me to apply for the Foundation Year."

"As a mature student, I was a little apprehensive about starting my studies but there were a number of events specifically for older students, which really helped us to get to know the place and meet new people in a similar situation."

"Something I loved about the Foundation Year was that it wasn’t just focused on academic study. I felt like I really grew as a person as well. I learnt a lot about communication skills and teamwork."

Read more from Isata here :wavey:

Becky
Hey how long do bradford uni take to send out offers? And do they still make offers to people who are predicted 2 lower than their entry requirements?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Anonymous
Hey how long do bradford uni take to send out offers? And do they still make offers to people who are predicted 2 lower than their entry requirements?

Hello!

Thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Our Admissions Team will be able to help you further with this, please contact them on [email protected]

Thanks,

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending