The Student Room Group

Everyone in Year 10 and Year 9 sign this petition please!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/568162

The petition basically reduces all the content for GCSE!!!
Why tho? Year 9's haven't even started GCSE prep and the majority of the country will be vaccinated by the point they go back.

Year 10's have missed but not yr 9's?..
lwhy do year nines need reduced content tho? I understand year 10s, but not year 9s?
I’m a yr 9 and I honestly don’t want reduced content. I’d rather do them fully
Year 12 here - I wouldn't want reduced content if I was in year 9. Years 10 and 12 I understand but not year 9.
Original post by a.planet
Why tho? Year 9's haven't even started GCSE prep and the majority of the country will be vaccinated by the point they go back.

I didn’t make this petition, but it was the most popular on! So I thought I would send it, I agree with you guys on this, but my school starts gcse in year 9, which is probably exclusive to mine as it is a private school, so I kinda understand. Anyway this may be me being kinda selfish ahah as I’ve already finished all the GCSE content as I’m in year 10! Sorry for any misunderstandings :smile:
Original post by TahrianAhmed
I didn’t make this petition, but it was the most popular on! So I thought I would send it, I agree with you guys on this, but my school starts gcse in year 9, which is probably exclusive to mine as it is a private school, so I kinda understand. Anyway this may be me being kinda selfish ahah as I’ve already finished all the GCSE content as I’m in year 10! Sorry for any misunderstandings :smile:

It isn't exclusive to private schools. I go to a private school and we start our GCSEs in year 10 for our options where as my sibling who goes to a grammar school start all of their GCSEs in year 9
Original post by ScoutLeopard
It isn't exclusive to private schools. I go to a private school and we start our GCSEs in year 10 for our options where as my sibling who goes to a grammar school start all of their GCSEs in year 9

yh it just depends on what your school wants to do. in my area we have some comps doing 3 years and some doing 2, some grammars doing 3 years and some (like mine doing 2), some privates do 3 and some do 2 as well. i think schools have the freedom to choose.
Original post by a.planet

Some (few) schools start their GCSEs in Y9 but other than that I agree with this comment.
Original post by TahrianAhmed

nope. I didn't go to private school but started my GCSEs in Y9.
I go to a grammar school, I am in year 9 and my school have only started the gcse course for the 3 sciences.
Original post by Anthony Ogundele
I go to a grammar school, I am in year 9 and my school have only started the gcse course for the 3 sciences.

Exactly the same as me!
Original post by ScoutLeopard

LoL I go to a priv grammar as well, thats what i really meant

Quick Reply

Latest