The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2023 National Remark for all students.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say well done to everyone. I know most of us wanted a little higher but the grade boundaries were increased significantly. Thank God I still passed everything and some of my results are getting remarked to see if they can get bumped up a grade. However, I can’t help but feel sympathy for my friends who missed out on getting some of their 3 main GCSE’s because the grade boundaries were significantly higher increased. If they had took their GCSE’s last year they all would have passed. It’s so unfair that because 2023 year 11s were significantly affected by COVID as well and we missed so much of year 8 & 9. On good morning Britain this morning, MP Nick Gibb said to aid this we got extra equations on maths and science, but most of the equations didn’t even have any relation to the questions and the ones that did were useless because the question provided part of the equation anyways, so it’s not like it did anything. I know this would cause a lot of hassle but we should all get our exams regraded and the grade boundaries lowered. Then so many people would get a pass. I want to make a petition but I don’t think anyone would sign it 😭😭😭. I got a grade 6 in History but if I took it last year I would have got an 8, which is slightly frustrating but I’m glad I still passed. How is everyone else feeling about theirs?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Sorry, I meant to put the title as regrade instead of remark.

Quick Reply

Latest