The Student Room Group

What's your favourite Pokemon game?

My personal favourite has to be Pokemon Platinum because it was my first Pokemon game and Sinnoh is my favourite region!

Scroll to see replies

Diamond!!! Sinnoh is gorgeous! I’m currently playing White and the graphics are so weird in places.

And on Diamond I have my beautiful level 100 Empoleon and my cute Crawdaunt.
DPP and HGSS, gen 4 was just peak pokemon.
Reply 3
Explorers of the sky. Found it better than platinum but I still love platinum. Obviously different gameplay, but explorers of the sky's story is just on another level
Either Soulsilver and heartgold or x and y, not so sure :redface:
The original red. So many memories. :daydreaming:
Pokemon Blue!

The very first pokemon game I ever had is something special. The first fight against the rival, a gym leader, my first encounter with top 4... these things are not comparable, because there were another things to compare.
Original post by Kallisto
Pokemon Blue!

The very first pokemon game I ever had is something special. The first fight against the rival, a gym leader, my first encounter with top 4... these things are not comparable, because there were another things to compare.

:five:
Diamond, followed by Black, followed by Omega Ruby, followed by Soul Silver.
Original post by Sabertooth
:five:

I read your reply and I am delighted to see a pokemon gamer from the very old times here. :five:
Reply 10
Original post by -erikaka-
My personal favourite has to be Pokemon Platinum because it was my first Pokemon game and Sinnoh is my favourite region!

Has to be omega ruby followed by pokemon white for me. I clearly remember the days where I was hyped for the ORAS release :tongue:
To those who have seen the diamond pearl remakes, what did you think? I think they look terrible and are a slap in the face to those who grew up with gen IV
Reply 12
Yellow. It was my first Pokemon game and I still love it!
Snap, yellow, gold, couldn't really split any of those. They were the ones I played during the peak pokemon hype period of my childhood.
Original post by Bexjw
Yellow. It was my first Pokemon game and I still love it!

The best on the edition is that I can get all three starters in one game, the rub: I am not a big Pikachu fan. :rolleyes:
Gen 2 has always been my favourite, with Gen 4 as a close second.
Reply 16
Pokemon Red/Blue was the game that had the most impact on me as pokemon was new then.

I think I enjoyed gold/silver slightly more though

The problem with pokemon is that they don't change the formula up enough, and it's become mind numbingly predictable. There's only so much times you can continue playing essentially the same game and having a fun time.

Pokemon Sword, I rate 7.7/10
Had the pokemon formula not been milked or flogged to death then it would have scored higher.
Reply 17
Original post by DR.DOOM
To those who have seen the diamond pearl remakes, what did you think? I think they look terrible and are a slap in the face to those who grew up with gen IV

I think they look alright. Just imagine chibi Cyrus though.

I'd rather they remake Platinum, but I guess they want the extra sales...
Original post by ANM775
Pokemon Red/Blue was the game that had the most impact on me as pokemon was new then.

I think I enjoyed gold/silver slightly more though

The problem with pokemon is that they don't change the formula up enough, and it's become mind numbingly predictable. There's only so much times you can continue playing essentially the same game and having a fun time.

Pokemon Sword, I rate 7.7/10
Had the pokemon formula not been milked or flogged to death then it would have scored higher.

I think the issue is less that they don't innovate or change up the formula and more that they actively squander the popular formula that they have by letting the level of gameplay and content regress. Gen's VII and VIII are where this really started to kick in- Gen VII failed to expand on the popular Mega Evolution mechanic and instead jumped to the vastly less interesting Z-Move mechanic, abandoning the National Dex, loss of HMs and the puzzles they enabled, etc. Gen VIII compounded this further with the replacement of MEvos and Z-Moves with the utterly dull Dynamax, the removal of half the Pokedex, and the general dumbing-down of the franchise, all wrapped in the most painfully linear and content-lacking game in the entire series with virtually zero scope for exploration. I'd have been willing to bet money if Pokemon SwSh simply maintained the same level of content as Gen VII did with a few hours of proper postgame, the full dex, and a handful of off-path exploration areas, with the usual iterative additions like new Pokemon and half a dozen new Megas, the level of community support and enthusiasm would have been almost as high as previous games with substantially less criticism.
Original post by DR.DOOM

In what way are they a slap in the face?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest