Checked the date I joined TSR, turns out it was 8 years ago today! :eek2:

Ask me anything if you like, I will answer if I can :smile:

P.S. Check out the Christmas Grotto if you are bored :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Checked the date I joined TSR, turns out it was 8 years ago today! :eek2:

Ask me anything if you like, I will answer if I can :smile:

P.S. Check out the Christmas Grotto if you are bored :tongue:

What is the best vegetable to have cheese on? Include the top 3 cheese choices to improve veg [10 marks]
Add a reference to Doctor Who for a bonus 2+ marks [2 marks]
Extra marks will be awarded for SPaG [4 marks]
Ahhhhh to be only 8 on TSR again :moon:

Congrats on your 8th birthday! :yay:

Fave ABBA song? :hmmm:
Reply 3
Original post by Chronoscope

What is the best vegetable to have cheese on? Include the top 3 cheese choices to improve veg [10 marks]
Add a reference to Doctor Who for a bonus 2+ marks [2 marks]
Extra marks will be awarded for SPaG [4 marks]

Haha I'll have to do a proper response in the morning for this one :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ahhhhh to be only 8 on TSR again :moon:

Congrats on your 8th birthday! :yay:

Fave ABBA song? :hmmm:

Rookie numbers, I know :colondollar:

Hehe, can't believe it's 8 yrs, gone by so quickly :redface:

Oo so hard to choose, love ABBA! Probably drawn between name of the game and one of us :beard: I was listening to some ABBA earlier today hehe
how has tsr changed? is it more or less grades and oxbridge obsessed?

Oo so hard to choose, love ABBA! Probably drawn between name of the game and one of us :beard: I was listening to some ABBA earlier today hehe

Tbh it feels like you've always been here, so I was surprised it's "only" 8! And 8 is a long time to be on one website so - though I'm ribbing you - sincere congrats from me (and Persephone and Pals, of course!) :h:

Glad you were listening to ABBA today :gah: Good choices of songs. I approve :pierre:
Reply 7
Original post by steamedclams
how has tsr changed? is it more or less grades and oxbridge obsessed?

Oo it has changed in so many ways it's hard to recall all of them. Been lots of change in staff and ways it was run. Change in mindset as well. It feels as though the pandemic hit it very hard and still not recovered. Forums like chat are now super quiet :frown: been lots of volunteers that have come and gone too :moon: the banter on the forums that was once had has definitely died a wee bit too.

Honestly I think it's just as grades and oxbridge obsessed :colondollar: but now we are getting more content from other unis to dilute it a bit more. More uni reps about and posting!
Also feel that the users who used to make those posts aren't on tsr as much and moved onto other places. Might take a while for that to come back in all its.... glory?!
It is hard for me to comment as I don't spend much time in the uni forum
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 8

Tbh it feels like you've always been here, so I was surprised it's "only" 8! And 8 is a long time to be on one website so - though I'm ribbing you - sincere congrats from me (and Persephone and Pals, of course!) :h:

Glad you were listening to ABBA today :gah: Good choices of songs. I approve :pierre:

Haha yeah I am surprised I am still here! My activity died a lot when working but volunteering and helping other users brought me back as I am now reviewing personal statements :smile:

My Auntie brought me up listening to ABBA gold. Sure she mostly blasted it whilst drinking and singing super loud but honestly they were iconic times! :rofl:

Wow I am honoured you approve of my ABBA choices :fan: you are the ABBA queen!!
(edited 4 months ago)

Haha yeah I am surprised I am still here! My activity died a lot when working but volunteering and helping other users brought me back as I am now reviewing personal statements :smile:

My Auntie brought me up listening to ABBA gold. Sure she mostly blasted it whilst drinking and singing super loud but honestly they were iconic times! :rolf:

Wow I am honoured you approve of my ABBA choices :fan: you are the ABBA queen!!

ABBA Gold is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing :adore: Your auntie sounds awesome :awesome:

Yay for doing personal statements, I'm sure you do a great job on them :king1:

Awwww, thankies :h: I try my best to be an ABBA Queen! :h: Sadly I'm far off being young, sweet, or only 17 :teehee:
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 10
Happy Anniversary Cheese !
the first ten years are the hardest :yep:

:five:

tsrtentguys.jpg
who is your favourite former SL with previous usernames 'Elizabeth II' and 'Paracosm' that used to be the co-SL of the best section on the site (hint: NOT D&CA)? [1 mark]
Reply 12
Original post by the bear
Happy Anniversary Cheese !
the first ten years are the hardest :yep:

:five:

tsrtentguys.jpg

:ta: wish me luck getting through the next two! :zomg:
ABBA Gold is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing :adore: Your auntie sounds awesome :awesome:

Yay for doing personal statements, I'm sure you do a great job on them :king1:

Awwww, thankies :h: I try my best to be an ABBA Queen! :h: Sadly I'm far off being young, sweet, or only 17 :teehee:

She is pretty cool. She also got me into baking and maybe chemistry :awesome:

At the start it was tough but now I've done so many, I've found a stride and can give some good tips to applicants. It definitely helps to read a lot as it makes it so easy to point out clichés!

You're fabulous :heart:
Reply 13
Original post by Charles III
who is your favourite former SL with previous usernames 'Elizabeth II' and 'Paracosm' that used to be the co-SL of the best section on the site (hint: NOT D&CA)? [1 mark]

Shadosm :rofl:
Paracosywosy hahahaha
Shadosm :rofl:
Paracosywosy hahahaha

NOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO YOU REMEMBER SHADOSM i'd forgotten about that!!!!!!!!

ur doing great cheese
Reply 15
Original post by Charles III
NOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO YOU REMEMBER SHADOSM i'd forgotten about that!!!!!!!!

ur doing great cheese

Hahhhaha the nightmare returns :colone: I don't think I will ever forget as it was insane heheheheh

Can you believe it has been 8 yrs? Madness!!! I was a silly ca like yesterday xD

Lol hope ur doing well!!!
Was the capitalisation of your username intentional so that it would confuse people?

How long did it take you to get 12 gems?
Reply 17
Original post by Talkative Toad
Was the capitalisation of your username intentional so that it would confuse people?

How long did it take you to get 12 gems?

Yes but mainly for visual reasons! If I don't use spaces such as in a hashtag, I prefer to capitalise the words in a phrase to easily identify them at a quick glance. But that's just me :tongue:
My username is a silly joke for sure! I don't even much like cheese :colondollar:

Um good question. I used to post a LOT so I think it took between 2-3 years but will check

Edit: took me 4 yrs! Got it around 10 March 2019 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5844192
(edited 4 months ago)
Yes but mainly for visual reasons! If I don't use spaces such as in a hashtag, I prefer to capitalise the words in a phrase to easily identify them at a quick glance. But that's just me :tongue:
My username is a silly joke for sure! I don't even much like cheese :colondollar:

Um good question. I used to post a LOT so I think it took between 2-3 years but will check

Edit: took me 4 yrs! Got it around 10 March 2019 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5844192

What’s your favourite cheese or do you just not really like cheese at all?

What prompted you to join the team and TSR?

4 years is alright.
Reply 19
Original post by Talkative Toad

What’s your favourite cheese or do you just not really like cheese at all?

What prompted you to join the team and TSR?

4 years is alright.

I think my favourite is probably edam but yeah I only eat small amounts and always with something else :smile:

I actually joined tsr as I found out about it from a classmate who, during an it lesson, was on count to a million. I never made an account until my gcses so I actually joined for easy access to unofficial markschemes. Got hooked from there!

I honestly joined the team because I was spending so much time on tsr and I had so many friends I thought I could make my time more productive. Chat was the perfect section for me as I was creating a lot of forum game content and stuff hehe. Over time I gave out lots of advice and was generally into answering unanswered threads, talking to new users and eventually the personal statements reviews. Best thing for me is when someone I helped ages ago sends me a pm to thank me for help I gave years ago! Happens now and then and it's so lovely to hear they are doing well!!

4 years was pretty sweet! Awesome to see how many have joined the mountain since then! The birthday thing was new and I love it hahaha 'congrats to x, it is not their birthday'
Although my top bear content is the horoscope he used to run hehe

Quick Reply

Latest