The Student Room Group

Gamers Help!

I am currently working on my college final major project in Games Development, and I am on the research assessment/ stage of my project. Please could anyone answer; What is your favorite Games Story/ Narrative, and why.
By Games Story and Narrative I am talking about certain games you like the story of, as well as why you like it so much.
This will help with my primary research within my college, thank you so much.
(Edit: And while you at it could you potentially tell me what you would love to see more within Narrative Games/ Games Stories.)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
A tip from someone who has done research previously and interacted with research, a Google forms / Microsoft forms (or whatever forms platform you wish to use) will really help you to ask these questions. You can compile them all into a questionnaire and send it out to people, tweet it, Facebook it, instagram it, etc. and then export all the answers in an excel sheet!
Reply 2
Original post by ONatusch
A tip from someone who has done research previously and interacted with research, a Google forms / Microsoft forms (or whatever forms platform you wish to use) will really help you to ask these questions. You can compile them all into a questionnaire and send it out to people, tweet it, Facebook it, instagram it, etc. and then export all the answers in an excel sheet!

Ah yes! I had completely forgotten about google forms! Haha thank you so much!
Sonic 3 & Knuckles because it doesn't use cutscenes, text or voices.
Reply 4
Original post by WhoAmI0033
Ah yes! I had completely forgotten about google forms! Haha thank you so much!

No Worries! As for me, the original Star Wars Battlefront II will always have a soft spot in my heart. Spent many hours on the PS2 playing that. It was fun because you could choose the gamemodes for it and it was just an easy play game. Of course, Minecraft will always be of mention simply for its replayability and modding options
i play csgo

there is no narrative
Original post by WhoAmI0033
I am currently working on my college final major project in Games Development, and I am on the research assessment/ stage of my project. Please could anyone answer; What is your favorite Games Story/ Narrative, and why.
By Games Story and Narrative I am talking about certain games you like the story of, as well as why you like it so much.
This will help with my primary research within my college, thank you so much.
(Edit: And while you at it could you potentially tell me what you would love to see more within Narrative Games/ Games Stories.)

My favourite game narrative would be Killer7. It's very hard to explain why I love it so much it is just kinda crazy but also deep at the same time.
Another narrative I love is NieR Automata and that's a biut more clear, I love how it incorporates lots of philosophy stuff into it even if I don't recognise most of the non Marx stuff. But my favourite thign is how the gameplay intertwines with the narrative. Yes you can choose to kill the passive mobs for xp but the game always made me feel kinda bad about it, and it built relationships with characters who would later be foes.

Quick Reply

Latest