The Student Room Group

What is the reason I continue to struggle to find a new boyfriend?

In my experience with online dating, I received tons of likes on a dating app called Badoo and other dating sites/apps. It is been okay so far but after some guys did something stupid i thought he was rating the fish and i don't do rate men the second message that i sent after some guys did something stupid, one said rate my **** and I said no and blocked him after the last message. One guy, I think he was 34 and the other, 33. These guys kept asking me for pictures and asking me out before we even met up, so I sent them both last saying I wasn't interested. i did these two men since i didn't want them since I did kept saying no but still did the same thing and didn't seem to listen to me at all when i said no. I also went out in rl and events and still can't find any guys that i'm attracted to. It has been my experience that the guys that I have been attracted to are gamers, honest, nerds, respectful, open-minded, and know right from wrong. My mom set a rule saying I could only date men with moderate learning disabilities. Having seen a guy be taken by one woman and attracted to another, I'm not attracted to women. Why am I still struggling to find a new boyfriend?
Well you don't have luck in dating apps.

My advice would be take your time and do what your doing in finding the right guy for you. Are you attracted to gamers, nerds and respectful guys? Gamers and nerds because your similar and respectful guys as your hoping to find someone who would respect who you are?

Guys can be immature idiots when looking for someone, some are immature and not acting their age. Where as some will mature quickier than others.

You just need to keep looking, I don't know what dating apps or sites you have used in the past but I might know some you haven't tried yet.
Reply 2
I am a very shy person (I've got social anxiety), and honestly don't particularly enjoy the idea of online dating. Something I have been told is to go out and do things you enjoy. Join a gaming soc at Uni/College, or even join an online group, like on discord. When you do things you enjoy, you may find a like-minded person who meets your needs/criteria. Or, you may not. But, by doing something you enjoy, you will be all the happier in yourself, and eventually, you will find someone for you.

Thats what I have been told by people, and honestly, it makes a lot of sense to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending