The Student Room Group

Government Actuary Department

Has anyone applied?

Scroll to see replies

Yes applied to an analyst position. Did the video interview and online test few days ago and waiting to hear back.
Reply 2
Original post by Patrick2810
Yes applied to an analyst position. Did the video interview and online test few days ago and waiting to hear back.

Same- I’ll keep you updated. I’m not sure when we can expect to hear back
Original post by FHL123
Same- I’ll keep you updated. I’m not sure when we can expect to hear back

Oh cool. What is your background? MAster's in Physics here.
Reply 4
Econ and stats undergrad here. I feel like majority of applicants there are masters so you’d be at an advantage. Did you manage to finish the online test?
Original post by FHL123
Econ and stats undergrad here. I feel like majority of applicants there are masters so you’d be at an advantage. Did you manage to finish the online test?

I usually suck at these tests and have done poorly in SHL ones before. But I found this one surprisingly okay! I did 22/24 questions I think. How did you find it?
Reply 6
I usually suck at these tests and have done poorly in SHL ones before. But I found this one surprisingly okay! I did 22/24 questions I think. How did you find it?

How did you find out your results? Or is that how many questions you completed?
Original post by bhac
How did you find out your results? Or is that how many questions you completed?

I completed 22/24 questions.
Reply 8
I completed 22/24 questions.

Ooh, same. I was so upset when I didn’t finish it, I got over ambitious lol
Reply 9
I have also applied for the role, has anyone heard anything back yet?
Original post by TZ_98
I have also applied for the role, has anyone heard anything back yet?

Still haven't heard back. Luckily I managed to get a grad actuarial position at an insurance company since so feeling very grateful 🙏.
Reply 11
Still haven't heard back. Luckily I managed to get a grad actuarial position at an insurance company since so feeling very grateful 🙏.

Congratulations - I bet that is such a relief!

I'm not sure when we were expected to find out about this role and what the next stages are should we be successful from the application form and tests?
Did anyone hear back in the end ?
Applied for Trainee Actuary at GAD. Did the assessment centre too. Waiting to hear back. Anybody else in my position?
I know this is an old post, however, can someone give me some tips or updates regarding the Graduate Government actuary job and the online assessment and assessment centre?
Original post by stimernator
I know this is an old post, however, can someone give me some tips or updates regarding the Graduate Government actuary job and the online assessment and assessment centre?

i have an analyst interview coming up. Have you had your interview yet, if so how were the questions?
Original post by mattstarTSR
i have an analyst interview coming up. Have you had your interview yet, if so how were the questions?

Online interview questions were pretty trivial, “when have you had to work as a team?” “One time you have been really proud of your work”, “why do you want to work for GAD?” “Why do you want to be an actuary?” It was the online test that was stupid, you get 1 and a half minutes to answer questions that are quite tedious, not too difficult but they just take too long.
Reply 17
Original post by stimernator
Online interview questions were pretty trivial, “when have you had to work as a team?” “One time you have been really proud of your work”, “why do you want to work for GAD?” “Why do you want to be an actuary?” It was the online test that was stupid, you get 1 and a half minutes to answer questions that are quite tedious, not too difficult but they just take too long.

Hi. Was the assessment online or do we have to go to centre ? Is the test based on aptitude?
Reply 18
Hi guys, does anyone have any idea of the assessment questions? Is numerical assessment?
Original post by mattstarTSR

How did it go, I have a interview for the analyst position aswell? Is it competency based?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending