The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

MORSE at Warwick vs Actuarial Science at LSE

I've been debating actuarial science vs MORSE for a while and in LSE there's the advantage of a sandwich year in industry and the connections you get from living in London. I've heard that the MORSE course is renowned by employers and is vert well known in case I decide to not go into actuarial science then there's plenty of options. Which course would you guys suggest?
Reply 1
Original post by idontevenknow26
I've been debating actuarial science vs MORSE for a while and in LSE there's the advantage of a sandwich year in industry and the connections you get from living in London. I've heard that the MORSE course is renowned by employers and is vert well known in case I decide to not go into actuarial science then there's plenty of options. Which course would you guys suggest?

I wouldn't worry about jobs too much as both will put you in very good stead to get a great job, and I can't think of any jobs that you would be excluded from by picking one or the other. At most, the job requirement will be a min 2:1 in a numerical/technical subject, which both are.

LSE has a slightly higher reputation as a uni, but Warwick's maths courses have a higher reputation than anything LSE can offer in that department. London is a great city, but Warwick is a great campus. Maybe you need to decide on that if you really can't decide what course/modules you would prefer.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest