The Student Room Group

IBM Degree Apprenticeship 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by whack
hey when did you receive your invite for the chartered management apprenticeship?

I think it was yesterday?
Reply 41
Original post by MattW231
Ah, thank you!! Erm there were around 10 others I'd say. My group activity was only in a group of 5 though...

oh cool, just wondering because there seems to be multiple AC days, still waiting for a date :smile:
Reply 42
Ah, good luck! I think pretty well thanks. It's always hard to tell though! Just want to find out now😂

ikr seemed like it went well but they said they will tell us in 10 days. I don't wanna wait that long lol.
Original post by dpsng
ikr seemed like it went well but they said they will tell us in 10 days. I don't wanna wait that long lol.

Yeah exactly! Which AC were you at?
Reply 44
Does anyone know what happens after the AC?
This is my understanding of their process - I think this is what their emails were basically saying:If you're successful at the AC, you get added to IBM's matching pool process. This is basically where your details and application get added to an internal databse, and hiring managers can read it. If the hiring manager likes the look of your application etc, they'll be in touch with a job descripiton and will invite you to a final interview. If you do well in the final interview and they like you, you get an offer.
Reply 46
This is my understanding of their process - I think this is what their emails were basically saying:If you're successful at the AC, you get added to IBM's matching pool process. This is basically where your details and application get added to an internal databse, and hiring managers can read it. If the hiring manager likes the look of your application etc, they'll be in touch with a job descripiton and will invite you to a final interview. If you do well in the final interview and they like you, you get an offer.

Oh right!!! Thank you 😊 I’ve got my AC on the 27th of April. How did you find yours?
Original post by 14oadegun
Oh right!!! Thank you 😊 I’ve got my AC on the 27th of April. How did you find yours?

Ah that's great - good luck!! What have you applied for? Yeah mine went well thanks, I got on really well with my interviewer and the group activity wasn't bad either. Now I'm just playing the waiting game in the matching pool...
I'm seeing everyone talk about getting emails for assessment centres. Has anyone else been waiting for around 2 weeks for an email back after completion of the application form?
Reply 49
Original post by Ashleyyxoi
I passed the AC for this in December and am currently waiting in the matching pool

Have you had any information since?
Original post by madjr
Have you had any information since?

Yes, a few roles have been sent to me through the matching pool but I’m waiting for the right one
Original post by Ashleyyxoi
Yes, a few roles have been sent to me through the matching pool but I’m waiting for the right one

can you only accept one??
like how does it work?
Original post by ehyy4324
can you only accept one??
like how does it work?

I was under the impression that you can go to as many interviews as you like... The people running my AC said to have an interview with every role that came through, as the descriptions don't do them justice!
I was under the impression that you can go to as many interviews as you like... The people running my AC said to have an interview with every role that came through, as the descriptions don't do them justice!

thank you.
and then does the interviewer chose the right person
Reply 54
Hey does anyone else have the AC on Tuesday?
i got an email with a date for the AC
on it it says it will send out information nearer the time
how many days before do you get sent the information???
Original post by ehyy4324
thank you.
and then does the interviewer chose the right person

Yeah I think so. I know that one of their current apprentices I spoke to was one of 2 people taken on, as they liked both of them so much. I also think that if you don't get a role you interview for, you still get to stay in the matching pool.
Yeah I think so. I know that one of their current apprentices I spoke to was one of 2 people taken on, as they liked both of them so much. I also think that if you don't get a role you interview for, you still get to stay in the matching pool.

thank you.
for the virtual AC is there a pre prepared presentation
Reply 58
Original post by IMD-03

yes! how are you feeling?
Reply 59
Original post by IMD-03

yes! how are you feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending