The Student Room Group

Distribution of sampling means

Assume IQ is distributed normally, with a mean of 100 and a standard variation of 15, what is the distribution of sampling means if n=25
Can anyone help, I have no clue what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Mal.singhh21
Assume IQ is distributed normally, with a mean of 100 and a standard variation of 15, what is the distribution of sampling means if n=25
Can anyone help, I have no clue what to do

Tbh, it should be in your textbook but simply googling the question gives several good descriptions. Probably worth reading up on it first, and then asking about parts you're unsure about.

I presume you mean standard deviation, rather than variation.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mqb2766
Tbh, it should be in your textbook but simply googling the question gives several good descriptions. Probably worth reading up on it first, and then asking about parts you're unsure about.

I presume you mean standard deviation, rather than variation.

Hi,
Yeah I meant standard deviation. However I have done all the options you have told me, and still don’t understand. Can you help me
Reply 3
Hi,
Yeah I meant standard deviation. However I have done all the options you have told me, and still don’t understand. Can you help me

Which sources did you read and what did you understand?
Original post by mqb2766
Which sources did you read and what did you understand?

I typed the question into google and read the sources that were below, but none of them actually had relevancy to my question. I’m not understanding anything. If you know the answer. Can you explain it to me so I can understand it
Reply 5
I typed the question into google and read the sources that were below, but none of them actually had relevancy to my question. I’m not understanding anything. If you know the answer. Can you explain it to me so I can understand it

This was pretty much link 1 when I googled.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/ap-statistics/sampling-distribution-ap/sampling-distribution-mean/v/sampling-distribution-of-the-sample-mean
and there were lots of other relevant ones. There are lots of worked examples involving the key, simple formula you need.
Original post by mqb2766
This was pretty much link 1 when I googled.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/ap-statistics/sampling-distribution-ap/sampling-distribution-mean/v/sampling-distribution-of-the-sample-mean
and there were lots of other relevant ones. There are lots of worked examples involving the key, simple formula you need.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest