CS - OCR
Maths - Edexcel higher
English - AQA
French - AQA higher
RE - Eduqas
Triple Science - Edexcel higher
Geography - Edexcel B
Freestanding Additional Maths - OCR
(i think thats all, not sure if i'm forgetting any)

I enjoy watching anime, playing games (Identity V, OSU!, Roblox etc)

I'm aiming for all 8s and 9s (hopefully majority 9s)
I'm taking the Kings College Maths School Entrance Exam this December
I would like to take A-Level Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics with an EPQ in maybe Drama or English Lit
My top revision tip is to take your time, don't burn yourself out and flashcards help A LOT but do whatever suits you.

Yooo I’m on roblox pm me your username?
Wait @radbhak did you go to the maths sessions at kings maths school?
Original post by nikkiblonsky
:banana: :afraid: :banana:YR 11 CHAT THREAD-2021-2022:banana: :afraid: :banana:

ahhhhh we made it besties, we're at our final yr of secondary school, how is everybody feeling? Talk about revision , share tears together as we prepare for our GCSES (vomits)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :burnout:

honestly though guys we have got this, and we are gonna all ace our gcses, final year of school guys lets do this!!!

also , do u think you'lll miss secondary school? :creep:

- ****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
- What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
:angelwings:- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
:angelwings:- What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
:angelwings:- Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
:angelwings:- Share your top revision technique

Heyyy everyone! We’re finishing school in nearly 10 months!! But honestly it’s gone by wayyy too fast I remember starting yr7 and now I can stomp on the tiny yr7s as the yr11 I am haa

Here are my GCSEs:
- Maths - AQA
- Further Maths - not sure about the board
- English Lit + Lang - AQA
- Triple Science - AQA
- CompSci - OCR
- BTEC Creative Media Production- Edexcel?
- Geography- AQA
- French - Edexcel

I want all 9s (and Distnction* for Creative Media) but French is definitely my weak point 😭 why is it so difficult… I want to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science for A-Levels so basically all maths aha

I love to watch anime (I’m literally watching Black Clover as I write this lol) read books and webtoons, listen to music and I occasionally help 12yr olds with their maths homework on discord.

Revision technique? This isn’t really a revision technique but LISTENING IN CLASS it sounds so silly but paying attention in class and actually listening does so much

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND REMEMBER WE GET A LONGER SUMMER HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR
Reply 43
Biology AQA
English Lit EDUQAS
English Lang EDUQAS
Maths EDEXCEL (HIGHER)
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA
Food Preparation and Nutrition EDUQAS
French AQA (HIGHER)
Geography AQA
History AQA
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy reading (apart from when I'm in a book slump like right now), cooking/baking, cycling, spending time with animals.
- What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
Sevens, eights and nines (even better if all eights and nines, but this probably won't happen)
- Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
Alevels at sixth form - Biology, English Lit, French. Or maybe instead of French I might do Chemistry.
- Share your top revision technique
I like making mind maps (although that may not be counted as active revision!)and flashcards on Quizlet.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lowkey_s26
It’s not letting me like your reply :frown:

Dw I'm pretty sure it worked :laugh:
Reply 45
hey

the subjects im doing:
triple science- aqa
engineering- aqa
maths- edexcel
computer science- ocr
rs- wjec
spanish- aqa
geography- edexcel
english lit and lang- aqa

in my spare time, if i have any, i love to sleep and recently have done reading
im aiming for above 9s and 8s and hope to go into alevels next year
my top revision technique would be to make flashcards

good luck everyone for this year, our last year eek
My name is not Rufus and I'm taking: CS, maths, triple science, history, geography, english lit+lang, DT, astronomy: for which I cannot remember the exam boards and don't have the inclination to check.

In my spare time I enjoy: not doing school work, reading, coding, CAD, making stuff, maths, linguistics+etymology, squash, badminton, the odd bit of (inept) scrawling, moaning about not being allowed to do further maths &c...

I'd predict my grades as likely nines in chemistry, physics, maths, CS; english'll probably be a seven (provided I find a way to memorise the billion or so quotations) and the rest'll probably hang about an 8.

Afterwards I'll probably do maths, FM, CS and physics at my current school and continue to whinge about said school.

Revision is by no means my forte and I don't think I'm well placed to give any form of advice on the matter. :lol:
getting boring at home icl so im not bothered about going back
hopefully a decent year
Hi! :h:

I'm aiming for grade 9 in everything. Currently working at grade 7-9 as of end of Y10.

I'm doing:
Physics, chem, bio - higher tier, Edexcel
Math, further pure math - Edexcel
English lang + lit - Cambridge exam board?? lol
Drama - Edexcel
German - higher, AQA
Latin - OCR
And I'm trying to change courses from Art to history (wish me luck)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my spare time I like to paint, play chess, read and write for blogs. I also do this politics/debating thing. I like history and physics a lot. I would like to be an astrophysicist.

For A-levels I plan to take: physics, chem, math and history but do drama classes in my spare time!!

My best revision tip is to set yourself a time limit, say 5-10 mins, and write down everything you know about a specific topic/module in your course. After that, go through the spec and highlight anything you missed or got wrong. Revise those things!! Also, teaching content to other people is good as it's a form of active recall.
Reply 49
hi!! :smile:
im doing:
history (edexcel)
geography (edexcel)
business (aqa)
spanish (aqa)
triple science (edexcel)
higher maths (edexcel)
english (aqa)

im honestly a really boring person and have no hobbies so i usually just watch netflix in my free time,
im hoping to pass everything and hopefully get 9s in english and history
after year 11 i think i want to go to a sixth form, not sure what i want to do yet though!
nice to meet you guys!! :u:
Original post by lara!
hi!! :smile:
im doing:
history (edexcel)
geography (edexcel)
business (aqa)
spanish (aqa)
triple science (edexcel)
higher maths (edexcel)
english (aqa)

im honestly a really boring person and have no hobbies so i usually just watch netflix in my free time,
im hoping to pass everything and hopefully get 9s in english and history
after year 11 i think i want to go to a sixth form, not sure what i want to do yet though!
nice to meet you guys!! :u:

How do you revise for English and History, we do the same exam boards for them?
Original post by tiffanypayne
Hi! :h:

I'm aiming for grade 9 in everything. Currently working at grade 7-9 as of end of Y10.

I'm doing:
Physics, chem, bio - higher tier, Edexcel
Math, further pure math - Edexcel
English lang + lit - Cambridge exam board?? lol
Drama - Edexcel
German - higher, AQA
Latin - OCR
And I'm trying to change courses from Art to history (wish me luck)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my spare time I like to paint, play chess, read and write for blogs. I also do this politics/debating thing. I like history and physics a lot. I would like to be an astrophysicist.

For A-levels I plan to take: physics, chem, math and history but do drama classes in my spare time!!

My best revision tip is to set yourself a time limit, say 5-10 mins, and write down everything you know about a specific topic/module in your course. After that, go through the spec and highlight anything you missed or got wrong. Revise those things!! Also, teaching content to other people is good as it's a form of active recall.

If you do change from art to history, that's a lot of content you will have to learn - good luck! Especially if you want a grade 9 in it

The GCSE+ ones? Yeah but only the first few since it was smack in the middle of mocks so I needed the time to revise.

the online GCSE+ ones though otherwise not really
Original post by thealphabetsays
Oh wow good luck with your entrance exam!! KCMS looks like a great school :biggrin:

Thank you, i'm kinda panicking slightly right now due to overload on hw from skl (we haven't even gone back yet and they've started) but yeah hopefully I can do it
Reply 55
Original post by Laila-Dior
How do you revise for English and History, we do the same exam boards for them?

for english lit i memorise quotes using songs, and make posters for all the themes of the story, and mr bruff is really good when revising quotes
i find english language so much harder so the only way i really revise is by making sure i know how to answer each question and knowing how to use the AOs
for history i made sure to memorise statistics and dates for every topic and made detailed notes on each topic
i don’t know if this helps for you but i got a 7 in all three subjects in my mocks! :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by nikkiblonsky
:banana: :afraid: :banana:YR 11 CHAT THREAD-2021-2022:banana: :afraid: :banana:

ahhhhh we made it besties, we're at our final yr of secondary school, how is everybody feeling? Talk about revision , share tears together as we prepare for our GCSES (vomits)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :burnout:

honestly though guys we have got this, and we are gonna all ace our gcses, final year of school guys lets do this!!!

also , do u think you'lll miss secondary school? :creep:

- ****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
:angelwings:- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
:angelwings:- What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
:angelwings:- Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
:angelwings:- Share your top revision technique

Hi Everyone!
My name is Zin. For GCSE I am doing:
- Maths (Edexcel)
- English Lit & Language (AQA)
- Biology (AQA)
- Chemistry (AQA)
- Physics (AQA)
- Drama (AQA)
- French (Edexcel)
- Geography (AQA)
- Computing (AQA)

I write and listen to music most of the time.
8&9's would be amazing
I want to go to sixth form to do Drama. Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Doing practice questions help! And ask your friends in older years if you have any!
Reply 57
Hi everyone,

I'm taking:

Maths (and maybe further) - Edexcel iGCSE
English Lit & Lang - CIE iGCSE (is that the one you're doing @tiffanypayne?)
Physics - Edexcel iGCSE
Chemistry - Edexcel iGCSE
French - AQA
RS - AQA
History - Edexcel iGCSE
Drama - Edexcel
Classical Greek - OCR

I really enjoy reading (lots of classics like Austen and the Brontes), drama & acting and hoping to do some volunteering at a local charity shop this year.

I'm aiming at 8/9s, so will have to do a bit of work with the sciences & maths.

My school does IB so I'm not sure whether to stick with that (and my current teachers & mates) or move to a school which does A-level. Not sure which subjects, though - perhaps English/History...

Revision tip: make plenty of flascards for humanities & use SenecaLearning for all subjects!
Original post by radbhak
The GCSE+ ones? Yeah but only the first few since it was smack in the middle of mocks so I needed the time to revise.

Omg I went to it as well! What’s your name? Maybe you were in my class
Thank you
Original post by lara!
for english lit i memorise quotes using songs, and make posters for all the themes of the story, and mr bruff is really good when revising quotes
i find english language so much harder so the only way i really revise is by making sure i know how to answer each question and knowing how to use the AOs
for history i made sure to memorise statistics and dates for every topic and made detailed notes on each topic
i don’t know if this helps for you but i got a 7 in all three subjects in my mocks! :smile:

Latest