The Student Room Group

Reply asap

I've gotten a 4-3 for my gcse combined science and I'm currently applying for universities that require a 4 or above. What grade is a 4-3, as Google is telling me its either a separate grade (4 and a 3) or i have gotten between a grade 3-4. Will universities accept me into the course ?
I want to do a primary education course
Two separate grades. However, the university normally requires two individual grades to be met... so like 4-4.. for example. Double check the requirements for the university.
Original post by Nafeesah hussain
I've gotten a 4-3 for my gcse combined science and I'm currently applying for universities that require a 4 or above. What grade is a 4-3, as Google is telling me its either a separate grade (4 and a 3) or i have gotten between a grade 3-4. Will universities accept me into the course ?
I want to do a primary education course

I'd email a couple of the unis to see what they have to say. At least then you will get a deffinite answer.
Original post by GGGG_GayUnit
asap

The universities require a 4-4 as it states on their website and I havent gotten that grade
Original post by Emma:-)
I'd email a couple of the unis to see what they have to say. At least then you will get a deffinite answer.

The university's require a 4-4
All universities want those grades
Reply 6
All universities want those grades

You could re-sit. The entry deadline for the Summer is mid February.
Did you do a levels? wouldn’t they look more at those grades?
Reply 8
Original post by Ella.smith._x

For primary Ed you have to have a pass in Maths, English and science GCSEs https://www.ucas.com/postgraduate/teacher-training/train-teach-england/teacher-training-entry-requirements-england
(edited 2 years ago)
These are strict requirements, not 'nice to have'.
If you apply without the right grades, you will get a swift rejection.
Original post by Ella.smith._x

Yeah But they also look at my gcse's. I only failed science
Original post by McGinger
These are strict requirements, not 'nice to have'.
If you apply without the right grades, you will get a swift rejection.

So what am I supposed to do now ?
Original post by EOData
You could re-sit. The entry deadline for the Summer is mid February.

I don't necessarily want to resit as I'll have to do another year in college or another year in university
Reply 13
I don't necessarily want to resit as I'll have to do another year in college or another year in university

If you require a higher grade than the one you currently have you have to resit.
Original post by EIL3EN
If you require a higher grade than the one you currently have you have to resit.

Oh okay, what about clearance?
Reply 15
Oh okay, what about clearance?

I don't think that would work for Primary Education because the science grade is a government requirement as far as I am aware.
Reply 16
Original post by EIL3EN
I don't think that would work for Primary Education because the science grade is a government requirement as far as I am aware.

I think the government requirement is only for a pass in science. The OP has a pass, i.e. a 4, so in principle I think universities could accept him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending