The Student Room Group

Anyone else think marvel films are childish? They're just so far fetched and cringey

post removed
(edited 2 years ago)
Then don’t watch them lol
I marvel at your threads, I really do.
IDK. they are good to watch when you have nothing else to do or when you have the film on and your scrolling through Instagram because they don't take a lot of thought to understand. They are simple films that follow a format of bad guy, fight, hero wins.
Reply 4
I don't really like any superhero-y stuff so I agree with this, really
Reply 5
yeah i agree, it's really surface level but then again, i love star wars which is also very surface level!
I once saw this tweet that said marvel haters love to announce that the dislike marvel at every opportunity. Ever since then I just been minding my business
Most films generally are a bit far fetched - it's not like Django Unchained is realistic.

Marvel films are fun, but generally uninspired and not very innovative. Not worth watching religiously but good if you want something entertaining and semi-mindless.
Honestly thought Spiderman: No way home was Ok, Not good but not awful either.

Couldn't sit through Spiderman: Homecoming again with that cringe scene with Iron man taking away peter's suit saying 'If you're nothing without the suit you shouldn't have it' Like, do I need to explain why that's dumb :/

In summary, Marvel movies are just there for me and idc about them as much lol.
^^^^^^^

Honestly thought that i wasn't cringing at the dynamic between Iron man and Spiderman in the Tom Holland films

Like, solo Spiderman adventures without the fancy mech suit are waaayyyy better lol
Never liked them and never will
I've always been a bit of a geek so ill probably be a little biased-
I think for what marvel tries to do - they do it really well. You don't go watch a marvel movie for an emotional rollercoaster or to watch a film that subtly comments on the state of our world/society or for anything else that art is generally supposed to do.
You go watch a marvel film for a mediocre predictable story with hell of a lot CGI and fight sequences that appeals to the child in us with a hero complex. Anytime they try to be more like with falcon and the winter soldier where they tried to talk about the inequality people face in our world (which was kinda ironic since they treated Shang chi and black widow movies rather horribly) its been boring af
I really think people are to much in a rush to grow up these days(which is infantile in of itself).

What’s so wrong with children movies? Let the proletariat debacle itself.

And btw, most superheroes movies are bad, but so are most MOVIES also bad. A statistical inevitability. Or do you think Heath Leadger is overrated perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest