The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Media and Creative industries University of Warwick

Hi guys!

Just wondering if there's anyone here atm studying Media and Creative industries at Warwick? If so, how are you finding the course so far? What are some pros and cons of the course and including the social life/campus in general? And lastly, what made you choose Warwick? Sorry for the multiple questions, I'm just really trying to narrow down my choices so I can make my firm haha. Atm, I'm deciding between Royal Holloway and Warwick. Also, if there's any 2023 applicants, feel free to reply to this aswell! I'd love to see if there's anyone else that applied to the same course :smile:
Reply 1
Hi there! I’m a third-year Media & Creative Industries student at Warwick, having just handed in my final dissertation. First of all, this course is unlike anything in the country. The integration of practice, industry, and theory is unique and has provided me with so many opportunities, industry connections and experience. I personally loved life on campus because it’s relatively far from any town or village which really generates a sense of community. One big pro of the course is the freedom. I have hosted exhibitions, made music videos, hosted radio shows, created VR experiences and short films. Some of which have landed me jobs afterwards. I suppose you could say a con would be how new the course is, I was the first cohort of the course, ever. But even in three years the course has hired new staff and introduced new modules, so it is continuously growing. If you’d like to have a chat, please message me on Instagram: @lxdoob :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ldobbs
Hi there! I’m a third-year Media & Creative Industries student at Warwick, having just handed in my final dissertation. First of all, this course is unlike anything in the country. The integration of practice, industry, and theory is unique and has provided me with so many opportunities, industry connections and experience. I personally loved life on campus because it’s relatively far from any town or village which really generates a sense of community. One big pro of the course is the freedom. I have hosted exhibitions, made music videos, hosted radio shows, created VR experiences and short films. Some of which have landed me jobs afterwards. I suppose you could say a con would be how new the course is, I was the first cohort of the course, ever. But even in three years the course has hired new staff and introduced new modules, so it is continuously growing. If you’d like to have a chat, please message me on Instagram: @lxdoob :smile:

Ah that sounds so good! The creative work that you've done, are they a part of the course or did you have to that outside in your own time? And if there are any cons to both the course and life at Warwick, what are they? :smile:
Reply 3
The creative work we did is a mixture of course and non-course related work. We get assessed for some creative work, e.g. short films or exhibitions, but I also had time to produce music for films, work on radio and experiment outside of uni time. So there’s definitely time for both! In terms of cons, uni life can be expensive, the campus grocery store is quite overpriced and some people prefer living in the city where it’s not far to go to shops/clubs. The course is very new, so it’s always going to be changing, but I think that’s quite an exciting thing to be a part of. The residency part where you get time to work in industry can be complicated to set up around uni time, however it is very rewarding!
Original post by lysrose
Hi guys!

Just wondering if there's anyone here atm studying Media and Creative industries at Warwick? If so, how are you finding the course so far? What are some pros and cons of the course and including the social life/campus in general? And lastly, what made you choose Warwick? Sorry for the multiple questions, I'm just really trying to narrow down my choices so I can make my firm haha. Atm, I'm deciding between Royal Holloway and Warwick. Also, if there's any 2023 applicants, feel free to reply to this aswell! I'd love to see if there's anyone else that applied to the same course :smile:

Hi! I also applied for this course and submitted my portfolio just before Christmas... has anyone been offered places yet?

Quick Reply

Latest