The Student Room Group

SPILLING THE TEA - a blog

Hey, it's spill_the_tea here!

Thought I might as well start a lil blog so I can post random updates about myself/my life. There'll be a mix of content, e.g. personal life, education/career, self-improvement and just whatever I'm in the mood to talk about!

To start off, here's a little bit of info about myself (not too much tho because I value my privacy lol):

- I'm a young South-Asian Muslim girl (not giving my age on here)
- I'm an ENFP apparently (but I feel like an INFP?)
- I love reading, writing, learning languages (Urdu atm), art (specifically hand embroidery), working out, and skin/haircare
- I also enjoy binging shows on Netflix, spending hours on vidcalls, mindlessly scrolling etc
- I'm in the Cybersecurity industry

That's everything I want to share for now off the top of my head. Feel free to join me on my journey through this wild thing called Life. Or not, completely up to you.

Spoiler

(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
*THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS MY THOUGHTS/OPINIONS ABOUT THE SPIDERMAN FILMS AND THEREFORE SPOILERS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*

~ Also in case I initialise names: PP = Peter Parker, SM/Spidey = Spiderman, TM = Tobey Maguire, AG = Andrew Garfield, TH = Tom Holland, MJ = MJ, GS = Gwen Stacy, Z = Zendaya ~

So a while back Spiderman:No Way Home came out and I kept hearing people talk about how it was amazing and one of the best movies they'd ever seen yet it left them absolutely shattered so whilst I really wanted to watch it, I decided not to for the sake of my mental wellbeing . Also I hadn't seen any Marvel - or even Spiderman - films prior to that one being released and had an education to get so I figured it wasn't worth the time. However, I recently decided to watch the TH Spiderman films because I figured f*** it, life's too short to miss out on things you want to experience (also I had some free time lol) and IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT (though NWH did leave me completely broken and a hot mess of snivelling tears lmfao).

Then figured why not watch the TM Spiderman films as well since the 3rd one has Venom and I really want to watch the Venom films soon. So I did, and they were also pretty enjoyable.

Of course, I couldn't neglect the AG Spiderman films after watching the films by the other actors - so I watched The Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2. The first was also good, but the second was not the best. Whilst I don't hate it, I do see why most people consider it the worst (which is rather unfortunate because it had so much potential and the acting was good, the writing was what let it down big time).

Okay so most people apparently consider TM to be the best PP since he portrays the teen awkwardness well but isn't a great SM, AG to be the best Spidey because he's effortlessly funny and cool/confident but not a great PP since he's too good-looking and 'old' and not awkward enough to play a nerdy highschooler, and TH to be pretty good at both and therefore best overall. And I agree.

However, I think AG was done dirty - yes he wasn't the best PP but his Spidey portrayal was brilliant and his first film set things up so well. Like, we see why he has no parents and is raised by his aunt and uncle, we see him freaking out over the side-effects of the spider bite and Googling it, we see him practising his new skills before intentionally going out in public with them, we see the thought process and inspiration behind him creating his Spidey suit and web shooters, we even see his original motivation as a vigilante (revenge) before it progresses and he matures and decides to fight crime for the sole purpose of being a good guy. The other films, whilst also being pretty long, just completely skipped over the whole journey of actually becoming Spiderman - it felt like we saw TM and TH's PP get bitten, freak out/get into fights with jerks and then magically become Spiderman almost overnight. It's too rushed.

As well as this, AG's acting was BRILLIANT in my opinion (I could be biased of course due to the fact that I have a teeny tiny crush but oh well) yet it was his film series that got cancelled? When his dream was to play Spiderman? Imagine how heart-breaking that must have been for him - heck, it was heart-breaking for me! It wasn't even his fault, he did a great job in NWH too so we know it's not him - the problem was the writing in the second film. It was all over the place and just felt like the writers didn't care.

Moving on to the love interests, I did not like the 1st MJ at all - she was too bland and boring in my honest opinion, as well as the fact she couldn't seem to make up her mind about Harry and Peter? Like I know Peter wasn't willing to be with her since he was also Spiderman but what right did that give her to cheat on him with Harry? Not to mention she cheated on Harry first with Peter/Spiderman?? GS was my fav by far - and I'm not just saying that because she was AG's counterpart, I really mean it. She was insanely smart, funny, sweet and the fact that AG's PP trusted her enough to tell her he was Spidey without having already saved her or her figuring it out? Amazing. Not to mention their chemistry!! Finally, Z's MJ was decent but a bit meh (and before you come for me, I felt that way before I saw GS). She was kinda cute and funny but I just feel like she was too awkward? Whilst Peter's awkward too? What an awkward relationship? And the fact it seemed like her main personality trait was that she figured out Spidey's identity herself? Idk, might just be me though. But anyways, we were robbed with GS's death - but then again, it had to be hers if any since it would hit the hardest.

I don't really know why I wrote all this out, I guess I just had a lot to say ahaha. I can't wait to watch the new Miles Morales Spiderman film this weekend though, I keep hearing great things! Plus I want to understand where the concept of 'canon events' that's been trending on TikTok came from lol. Anyways, thanks for attending my Ted Talk.
Yessss kweeen I hope the hunt for your cybersecurity blog goes well !!!! Get you a work husband purrrr
I know I pretty much abandoned my own blog before it even really got started lol but here's a quick update:

- Saw a couple friends last week since they were both back from uni and in town and and we were all free.
- Went to a house viewing with my family and we all fell in love with it immediately, current owner accepted our offer too, can't wait to start moving in.
- After many unsuccessful job applications, I finally had my first interview a couple days ago! It was technical and I think it went pretty well but apparently I have to wait until the end of next week to hear back from them since the interview process isn't done yet and although I know patience is a virtue, I also know it sure as hell ain't one of mine.
- Kinda neglected learning Urdu these past few weeks but I started working out more consistently tho, so you win some you lose some ig.

Okay bye again lol
Just listened to Enchanted (Taylor's Version) for the first time. It's good but in my opinion (and I hope this isn't controversial to say 😭) the original is better - someone in the comments said "the original "Enchanted" sounds like a teenage girl is expressing her feelings towards her crush, the innocence and agony is the main essence of this song 💜 but "Enchanted" Taylor's version sounds like a grown woman who is expressing her love towards someone" and that's kinda how I feel. I think it's for this reason that I prefer the original, not to mention I like Taylor's voice better there (not that there's anything wrong with it now of course). Just my 2 cents lol.

P.S. Don't cancel me Swifties
Periodt we love to see you grinding and gettung that six pack and a new home
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Periodt we love to see you grinding and gettung that six pack and a new home

Still a while to go before I get a six pack 😅 But thanks!

Also update on the interview...Apparently they really liked me so now I've got the second one next week!
Original post by spill_the_tea
Still a while to go before I get a six pack 😅 But thanks!

Also update on the interview...Apparently they really liked me so now I've got the second one next week!

Yessss you go girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for youuuuuuuuuuu
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Yessss you go girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for youuuuuuuuuuu

Thanks bestie!! Lowkey super nervous tho because I knew what to expect from the technical interview, but not this one 😅

Wish me luck!
Update: I got the job!

I received a call yesterday from the recruiter saying I was actually up against an internal candidate last minute but that I was the stronger candidate and they want to offer me the job. I start at the end of this month - wish me luck!
(edited 9 months ago)
Minor life update: It's my birthday this weekend - not really celebrating this year for multiple reasons but thought I'd mention it anyways 🙃
So this past week has been absolutely great!

I had my first day (okay more like 2hrs, lmfaoo) at my new job on Monday (remote cybersecurity analyst for this hugeee company). Went all the way to the head office to meet the Team Lead and pick up my equipment and all that stuff.

Then Tuesday I started properly with my first full day, spent most of the day on calls with the senior team members (Team Lead + Principal Analyst) being shown systems and received lotsss of info.

Wednesday was more of the same but I also joined the daily meeting for the cybersecurity team and the weekly meeting for all employees as well as having my HR onboarding session and first proper shadow session with another senior team member (Senior Analyst).

Thursday I had some more shadowing sessions with the Team Lead and Senior Analyst and got to work on some cases by myself!! (Did have to send them to the Senior Analyst before closing just so he could check them but it's cool).

Friday again just got on with some more cases of the same type as well as a couple different cases.

All in all it was very new and interesting and I really think this could be the start of something great :smile: Also, whilst I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest and only girl on this all-male team, it doesn't seem like it's going to be an issue (at least not at the moment). Everyone's been so nice and helpful so far - explaining things in details, answering all my questions fully, responding to my messages promptly, jumping on calls to make sure I'm okay and checking they're not overwhelming me, and some even going above and beyond to provide me with ways to make my job easier already! I won't lie and say there are no nerves about being the 'new kid' but I do actually feel quite at ease at this company already, everything's so chill and I don't feel like I've been thrown into the deep end at all (like I was so afraid of lol).

Now the weekend's almost done, I've had a good rest, pretty much just chilled the entire time. Back to work tomorrow, very exited for Week 2 - I can't wait to see how my future here plays out!
I know I've been MIA for so long and let this blog post die again (before it even took off) but I just wanted to come on here and say that I'm so sad about the news that Madeline Argy and Central Cee may have broken up, like genuinely heartbroken and before anyone comes for me saying 'oh why do you care about celebrity news when there are serious issues going on in the world' I KNOW THAT, it's just because they were the only thing giving me hope that love might be real but now that's completely shattered and I'm so done now I'm literally crying, anyways I apologise for this random mess of words and the fact that this is all one sentence but I'll try do a real blog post/life update soon, so bear with me, okay bye.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending