The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Swapping courses.

Hi.
I’m hoping somebody could offer some advice please.
I have been offered a place on Diagnostic Radiography at 3 universities. However, now I’m unsure if this is truly the course I belong in. I work as a HCA and the thought of becoming a nurse now seems so much more appealing.
College suggested I decline all offers and try clearing.
But somebody I know suggested accepting my place on Radiography and then swapping courses in the first week of starting. I’m just unsure if this is the best way to go about it all, any help or information would be so appreciated. Thank you.
Hello i study therapeutic radiography. I would say get some experience in the department. I love cancer departments as everyone is very friendly and I feel in the environment we can give good care. Get some experience in both radiology and radiation oncology departments. and if youre interested in any other courses get some experience!
personally i found diagnostic radiography to be a little bit boring. The departments i shadowed in were very slow and there wasnt much continuity with the patients unlike what I do in the radiation oncology department
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Shannon1601
Hi.
I have been offered a place on Diagnostic Radiography at 3 universities. However, now I’m unsure if this is truly the course I belong in. I work as a HCA and the thought of becoming a nurse now seems so much more appealing.
But somebody I know suggested accepting my place on Radiography and then swapping courses in the first week of starting. I’m just unsure if this is the best way to go about it all, any help or information would be so appreciated. Thank you.

If you're quick you could apply through UCAS extra.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

If not, contact the unis you have a place at and see if you can change courses. Don't start a course that you have lost interest in.
Original post by Shannon1601
Hi.

Hi Shannon, my name is Abby and I am a student ambassador at Bishop Grosseteste University. The first thing to do is to contact your firm choice university about changing courses; this gives you and them time to reorganise everything and make sure you are a right fit for a different course. You may also be able to apply through clearing, which opens on the 5th of July. What ever you do, do not accept an offer on a course you are not 100% set on. Make sure you feel fully confident on what you may be studying for the next 3 or 4 years!

Hope this helps and good luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending