The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

It's Problem Child - here's the clip of the scene you're thinking of, complete with some nice Portuguese subtitles!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysCW_2RXKhY
Original post by Gimothy
I know precisely the film you are talking about, and I'll now spend the entire day trying to think what it was called. Thanks.

Original post by VogueRogue
problem child 3? :s-smilie:

Original post by VogueRogue
there's this film i used to watch and i just cannot think what it's called! There was a little boy who i think gets adopted or something and he throws something on the ceiling and it lands on someones head. He then goes to a little girls bday party and ruins it (with a hose in her bedroom i think!) and she sings "it's my party and i'll cry if i want to)

i thought it was like dennis the mennace or junior or something, but i doesn't appear to be... are there different versions?! THANKS!!! :smile:

problem child. :wink:
Original post by jellybeanjen
It's Problem Child - here's the clip of the scene you're thinking of, complete with some nice Portuguese subtitles!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysCW_2RXKhY

yay thank you!!! :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by HARRY PUTAH

problem child. :wink:

Now I have nothing to do today. I wasn't being sarcastic when I thanked the OP :frown:
Original post by Gimothy
Now I have nothing to do today. I wasn't being sarcastic when I thanked the OP :frown:

:redface:
Reply 185
here's a really good Aardman short about this Polish man's life that I loved... could anybody tell me the name of it? He gets dementia towards the end, and I think waits for a bud that never comes... THANKS!
Hi,

My family and I are getting rather annoyed trying to remember a film we used to watch yearssssss ago when we were younger :confused:

Basically, it's an English-speaking family film about a family who are staying in their holiday home which has a mine/dell in the back garden full of goblins and fairies. There are two children, a boy and a girl, whose father is sick- I think he had cancer. I vaguely remember a scene where the boy is chased out of the village shop by a gang of village boys on bikes. At the end of the film I think the father may get better by visiting the mine place. My parents are convinced Sam Neill was in it, but after trawling through the internet I'm not sure he was.

I'm guessing this film was made sometime during the 80s/90s. Anyone who remembers it please help me!!

Thanks!
Original post by charlieandperry
Hi,

My family and I are getting rather annoyed trying to remember a film we used to watch yearssssss ago when we were younger :confused:

Basically, it's an English-speaking family film about a family who are staying in their holiday home which has a mine/dell in the back garden full of goblins and fairies. There are two children, a boy and a girl, whose father is sick- I think he had cancer. I vaguely remember a scene where the boy is chased out of the village shop by a gang of village boys on bikes. At the end of the film I think the father may get better by visiting the mine place. My parents are convinced Sam Neill was in it, but after trawling through the internet I'm not sure he was.

I'm guessing this film was made sometime during the 80s/90s. Anyone who remembers it please help me!!

Thanks!

This is going to wreck my head because it sounds so familiar and I don't know the name. :confused: Do you by any chance remember a scene where the children go to like a lake or river and there are fairies all over the place. It's like a really magical scene?

One movie which is sticking out in my head is The Secret Garden but I'm not sure if that scene is in that movie. And it's the little boy who was sick... I don't remember much of the storyline.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 188
Hi folks,

There is this film which has been on my mind since I was a child.
I walked in to the sitting room and just saw the ending of this film, I really want to watch it from the start but I need the name.

I will describe the final scenes. I think it is a famous film it was on normal tv.

I think the film is very old, and in the end there is a man dressed as a woman, wearing makeup climbing out a window and hanging on then he drops, and all neighbours open their windows and look at his body in disgust. I think it is a french film not sure.

I will be greatful if some film genius can try find the name to this.

Thanks
Original post by Mr_Mad10
Hi folks,

There is this film which has been on my mind since I was a child.
I walked in to the sitting room and just saw the ending of this film, I really want to watch it from the start but I need the name.

I will describe the final scenes. I think it is a famous film it was on normal tv.

I think the film is very old, and in the end there is a man dressed as a woman, wearing makeup climbing out a window and hanging on then he drops, and all neighbours open their windows and look at his body in disgust. I think it is a french film not sure.

I will be greatful if some film genius can try find the name to this.

Thanks

Is it Un Chien Andalou by Bunuel and Dali?
Reply 190
I can't remember much but im fairly sure its a comedy that involves the mafia (i think) and theres some form of shoot off, one guy gets locked in the boot, someone accidently shoots the boot and hits the guy inside in the foot and he dies
Any help?
I am craving to watch this film I have seen in the past and I have forgotten the name. Im in the search of a bit of "where is wally".

A few things I can remember in the movie is, its based in medieval england. A cursed rogue as such, lots of atrocious stuff in his past, then he tries to turn good so he doesnt go to hell. Stays with a family, and later on in the film, they all get killed by bandits. I think he does some type of magic?. Kills this beast from hell in the end.

Im stuck. Anyone want to help? :redface:
Soloman Kane.. Got it :redface:

Delete Thread :smile:
Reply 193
I watched this film years ago but im not sure what it is called. I was wondering if you kind guys of TSR could help me out :biggrin:

Basically the plot is, a pakistani man travels with his brother to the UK illegally, from pakistan. theres many trials and tribulations because of the border forces and on the way, his brother dies. He manages to get to england but is refused to stay because of his illegality.

I think he goes through afghanistan - iran - turkey. i cant remember the film after that.

Anways, i hope ive given a good decription so someone can identify and link me to it :biggrin:

it was a good film and thank you in advance!
Reply 194
Reply 195
I watched this film years ago but im not sure what it is called. I was wondering if you kind guys of TSR could help me out :biggrin:

Basically the plot is, a pakistani man travels with his brother to the UK illegally, from pakistan. theres many trials and tribulations because of the border forces and on the way, his brother dies. He manages to get to england but is refused to stay because of his illegality.

I think he goes through afghanistan - iran - turkey. i cant remember the film after that.

Anways, i hope ive given a good decription so someone can identify and link me to it
No idea of the plot of the film I'm talking about, I probably know the film well just can't remember that this line is from it but I've googled the quote to no effect so here I am!

There's some sort of military operation in which a lot of people die and someone up in the military hierarchy says "Nobody thanked them," is answered "What?" and replies "Nobody thanked them for their service" or something painfully similar to that. Sorry I can't give more detail!
Okay so it's set in America possibly about the civil war time and its about this black man who takes care of a (/some) white child(ren) and there are all these klukluxklan's and they whip the man and stuff and set his stable on fire so he has to shoot his horse so they sentence him to death. There is other stuff I remember like his wife being buried in the garden and he can't afford seed's for his farm because of his race.

Any help would be appriciated (:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Its called High Lonesome (1995), as supplied by SittingOnCornflakes :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Sounds like an interesting film, I look forward to the name of it being revealed.
I was gonna say The Green Mile...but I think I am very wrong..

Quick Reply

Latest