The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - S1 - 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

cant believe it, for the last question I didn't see the number 3 so I got 17 sweets instead of 20. I used the number 17 all the way through the question, will I have lost every single mark on the last question or will I have picked up some method marks? im sure the last question was something like 18 marks!!
Original post by chemistryislove
Yeah that's what I did

Its 1 - answer from part i - 0.78^20

At least thats what i got because it asks for at most 18 so i assumed it was 1 minus probability its 19 minus probability its 20
Original post by Duskstar
I think I might be able to remember the values for the diagram lol. I don't have a paper, but they were...

6 15 18 21 25 28 31 31 33 35 38 39

Oh my jesus christ. How do you remember that? How? Just. How? I'm honestly amazed, are you jesus?
Original post by Darcy1
Its 1 - answer from part i - 0.78^20

At least thats what i got because it asks for at most 18 so i assumed it was 1 minus probability its 19 minus probability its 20

That's what I got ~
Reply 204
15/67 whatever that was

I got 1/19
Original post by bethygirl
cant believe it, for the last question I didn't see the number 3 so I got 17 sweets instead of 20. I used the number 17 all the way through the question, will I have lost every single mark on the last question or will I have picked up some method marks? im sure the last question was something like 18 marks!!

It depends on the mark scheme slightly, but I think examiners are allowed to make a judgement call, and if they notice what happened you'll either lose the A mark on each question, or possibly they'll take an arbitrary 1-3 marks away from that question but mark everything as though the 3 wasn't there. I'm not an examiner so don't take my word for it :P
I think I might be able to remember the values for the diagram lol. I don't have a paper, but they were...

6 15 18 21 25 28 31 31 33 35 38 39

rispeck !!

i can hardly remember four numbers in a row :colondollar:
Original post by Solz01
I got 1/19

I might be remembering the wrong parts then. On the Ven Diagram question, the conditional probability was 15/67, I'm 99% sure. 1/19 was definitely one of my answers from somewhere in the paper.
I might be remembering the wrong parts then. On the Ven Diagram question, the conditional probability was 15/67, I'm 99% sure. 1/19 was definitely one of my answers from somewhere in the paper.

yeah I got that
Original post by JDCPham
Oh my jesus christ. How do you remember that? How? Just. How? I'm honestly amazed, are you jesus?

Uuh I don't know lol. There were lots of 1s 3s 5s and 8s, and the diagram had 1 in the first row, 2 in the second, 3 in the third and 6 in the fourth, and yeah...
Original post by the bear
rispeck !!

i can hardly remember four numbers in a row :colondollar:

Thanks lol :P
This paper was quite nice IMO but the last year one was really easy. I would say this is slightly easier than the June 13 one so I think an A = 58/72

What do you guys think?
does anyone know what the grad boundaries could be?
personally I found the paper hard, but only because I misread half the questions (I thought the hyp testing was 5% sig level and i thought that the 91/216 was saying that the scores added up to 6 and i spent 30 minutes on it and I didn't even get the answer in the end and I misread the cherry) so I spent ages correcting my mistakes, so it was sooo stressful and I almost cried- and when I calculated my variance I got a different answer each time
if I did the paper at home I probably would have done way better, I don't think it was much harder than the other papers, but I didn't do well on it
praying for full ums on c1 and aiming for full ums for c2 to make up for my horrible mistakes
For the proving (X=6) I did two pages of sample space working out but managed to get the correct answer.

Will I get this correct?
How much was the last question out of?
Original post by JDCPham

Not too difficult tbh, me and my friend remembered this. I stared at it for so long making sure I got it right, it's imprinted in my head 😂
I think that exam was honestly one of the best S1 tests I've done!
Original post by Connorbwfc
For the proving (X=6) I did two pages of sample space working out but managed to get the correct answer.

Will I get this correct?

As long as your method is correct, they don't care how long it is. However, if your method took up that much space it is possible you contradicted yourself/made an error somewhere despite ending up with the correct answer.
Would I lose a mark for putting 1.00 (3sf) rather than 1 for the second conditional probability question?
Original post by JamesExtra
I was stuck of proving that P(X=6)=91/216 or something like that. But I got it in the end. Wasted time on it though

I had no idea how to do that :frown:
Can someone amazing pls post an unofficial mark scheme for this paper? 😘👌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending