CTAM: Count to a million (Part 11)

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    X
    Damn you spots! Perplexing was going to run out of posts at 99 under the ten post rule. And as nobody else's been around for a while, I was going to comfortably take the 100!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Hi Impressive, could we have a quick edit here please? Thanks a million

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    EVERYONE, IGNORE THE POST ABOVE.

COUNT OVER IT, IT WILL BE REMOVED.

THANKS.
    Thanks Perplexing, this message can now be removed as the post has now been deleted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    112301Damn you spots! Perplexing was going to run out of posts at 99 under the ten post rule. And as nobody else's been around for a while, I was going to comfortably take the 100!
    I didn't realize that Perplexing was about to run out of posts!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I certainly do There are two different ways of determining battery capacity:1) Install the Battery Meter desktop gadget (requires Windows 7 or the 8GadgetPack for Windows 8/8.1/10) - from the gadget it will inform you of the battery capacity.2) Open up an Administrative Command Prompt (start - search - cmd - right click - run as administrator). When the admin command prompt is open, typeowercfg -energy -output %userprofile%\desktop\energy-report.htmlOnce this has completed, it will create a file called "energy-report.html" on your Desktop. Open the file and scroll down to the Battery Information section.It will show two numbers: Design Capacity (capacity of battery when new) and Last Full Charge (capacity of battery when last fully charged).E.gesign Capacity 73260Last Full Charge 72450Divide "Last Full Charge" by "Design Capacity" and then multiply the result by 100. This will give a percentage of how much capacity your battery has left (compared to when it was new). If this percentage is less than 40% you will need to replace your battery.Yep, you're right, HP laptops are usually fine in regards to heat issues - why Acer created a whole series of overheating laptops, I will never know...
    Thank you for the information regarding the Battery Meter laptop gadget, I recall us having discussed the 8/8.1 versions prior to this conversation. Could you message me, as part of the typed commands have been swallowed up by emoticons. I can assume what the code would be, however - I need to be accurate! Does the Windows notification regarding the battery capacity, actually appear on Windows 8/8.1?

Indeed, it perplexes me as to why Acer would not resolve the issue before creating newer models of laptops.

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tags. I see that the aforementioned post has been removed.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tags. I see that the aforementioned post has been removed.
    Yep just another hooligan posting 1000000. Lucky it was only me and Perplexing on, but we sorted it between us: very much joint effort. Post has now been removed so we're back to one number ahead of post no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    Thank you for the information regarding the Battery Meter laptop gadget, I recall us having discussed the 8/8.1 versions prior to this conversation. Could you message me, as part of the typed commands have been swallowed up by emoticons. I can assume what the code would be, however - I need to be accurate! Does the Windows notification regarding the battery capacity, actually appear on Windows 8/8.1?

Indeed, it perplexes me as to why Acer would not resolve the issue before creating newer models of laptops.

No worries Yep, we did discuss it, and Microsoft removed the Gadgets facility for Windows 8/8.1/10, but of course they can be easily restored.

I've checked my post and the command appears ok if you don't quote it, but if you do quote it, then the spacing seems to mess everything up (nevertheless, I have emailed you).I don't actually know, as I don't have an old battery (nor a Windows 8.1 install) to test, but I cam assume that the warnings would eventually appear.

I don't know why the whole 57xx series of laptops had the same issue - they should have waited, found out the issue, and then rectified it for the later 57xx models, rather than have a whole line up of laptops with a fundamental design flaw.

ReputationRep:
    112311Yep just another hooligan posting 1000000. Lucky it was only me and Perplexing on, but we sorted it between us: very much joint effort. Post has now been removed so we're back to one number ahead of post no.
    Okay, thanks for letting me know. Its not the first time we have had these issues, nor will it be the last...

There are usually two options: either rule 16b and continue, or jump over, report, have it deleted, and continue If there's a lot of users posting at once, the former would be best; if, like today, only a couple of people were posting, the latter is best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Hi Spotify, I hope your weekend has been good so far

Indeed, okey dokey.

Hey Matrix! :hugs: Thanks for keeping in contact with me
    Yep, it has been good! Yesterday wasn't great, since the weather was poor in the afternoon, but today was great, enjoyed the day

Tomorrow I've got to post a parcel, make a few ebay listings etc

ReputationRep:

100 post stats

mr T 999 - 8

PerplexingGeode - 5

Arbuthnot - 3

Pinkteddyx64 - 3

04MR17 - 2

Eternaforest - 1

Spotify95 - 1

ReputationRep:
    Hey Matrix! :hugs: Thanks for keeping in contact with me
    Yep, it has been good! Yesterday wasn't great, since the weather was poor in the afternoon, but today was great, enjoyed the day

Tomorrow I've got to post a parcel, make a few ebay listings etc

Aw no worries! :hugs:
    Glad to hear it ahh yes, the weather was quite bad yesterday.

Ooh cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    100 post stats
    PerplexingGeod - 5
    Hate to break it to you but there's an e on the end

ReputationRep:
    No worries Yep, we did discuss it, and Microsoft removed the Gadgets facility for Windows 8/8.1/10, but of course they can be easily restored.

I've checked my post and the command appears ok if you don't quote it, but if you do quote it, then the spacing seems to mess everything up (nevertheless, I have emailed you).I don't actually know, as I don't have an old battery (nor a Windows 8.1 install) to test, but I cam assume that the warnings would eventually appear.

I don't know why the whole 57xx series of laptops had the same issue - they should have waited, found out the issue, and then rectified it for the later 57xx models, rather than have a whole line up of laptops with a fundamental design flaw.

Awesome, I can recall the gadgets from having used Windows 7, they were rather useful!

Ah okay, thank you for informing me - I am perplexed as to why it would change under quoting it? Thank you for the email, I have followed the instructions!

I concur wholeheartedly; I certainly will not be purchasing an Acer laptop in the future. :P

ReputationRep:

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.