Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieoo1)
    Thanks Ive got it - how many marks do you reckon I'll drop for not including the -1^n ??
    At most 1, and possibly 0.

ReputationRep:
    I f*@ked up the last question guys...

-7 on that one question alone.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember the equation we were integrating ?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DAWG123)
    You mean y=cosh(x) +cosh(2x) Q4
    Or y=1-x^2+x^4 Q1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAWG123)
    y=coshx + cosh2x

ReputationRep:
    my logic completely left me and i integrated coshx + cosh2x -2 as i thought it crossed the origin (
    assuming i integrated the WRONG function correctly do you suppose i might gain any method marks ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to say..

I found the paper alright, it was hard but pulled through, and the vast majority of my answers match the unofficial markscheme except for Q4iii and a minor blip (I written z-1 instead of 1-z)

As for 4iii)

I integrated 5 - cosh(2x) - cosh(x) but cancelled all my e's like an idiot and forgot how to add and take off minus signs properly like a plonker (lol)

As a result I got 10ln({3+root(5)}/2) on it's own without the minus 5root(5)/2
    How many marks would you say I would've lost?

I had one job...

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have crossed out working for one of the questions, and just did the rest of it on additional paper, but forgot to write 'continued in additional' or something, they will still mark it right ?

ReputationRep:
    The difficult bit for the last question probably won't be that many marks. I drew the sketch correctly, integrated correctly, but after subbing in limits I couldn't simplify the answer. I knew they would give marks for subtracting from the rectangle so I did that with the unsimplified version in the last few seconds of the exam. Hopefully I've only dropped 3 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Gifted-)
    Guys I have crossed out working for one of the questions, and just did the rest of it on additional paper, but forgot to write 'continued in additional' or something, they will still mark it right ?
    Yes you will get all the marks - the examiners are trained to mark what you describe - even if you don't write the question number in the additional booklet they will match it up and mark accordingly so don't worry, as long as you have done the right thing you will score all the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunderwump)
    The difficult bit for the last question probably won't be that many marks. I drew the sketch correctly, integrated correctly, but after subbing in limits I couldn't simplify the answer. I knew they would give marks for subtracting from the rectangle so I did that with the unsimplified version in the last few seconds of the exam. Hopefully I've only dropped 3 marks.
    I also didn't have time to simplify but wrote 10ln... - area in unsimplified form - surely we will only lose A1 mark for not getting final answer but will get all other working marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieoo1)
    I also didn't have time to simplify but wrote 10ln... - area in unsimplified form - surely we will only lose A1 mark for not getting final answer but will get all other working marks?
    I'm guessing 3 marks. Probably miss 1 method part for parts of the simplification and 2 A marks.

ReputationRep:
    hey its been ages but can anon remember for the cube root complex number solutions, did it ask for the three values in modulus argument form, cos i did it in exponential - it was quicker

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums? My Predictions:F324 A*: 54/60F325 A*: 85/100PHYA4 A*: 59/75PHYA5 A*: 60/75DE full ums: 72/72FP1 full ums: 70/72FP2 full ums: 70/72??M2 full ums: 70/72S2 full ums: 72/72S3 full ums: 72/72Edits and replies will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the fp2 paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.