Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Huh? I did AQA AS Psychology and he was definitely in there....so disturbing but so hilarious :eek:
    Ohh yeah **** blonde moment. Freud is in the AQA AS psychology Paper as part of the psychopathology bit Of unit 2 But it was quite brief. IKR he is disturbing Creep. looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    I know that i Either wana be a Teacher or a GP. I would do Medicine as a postgraduate and i know Psychology would be the better course for that but what am saying is which course is more enjoyable at uni
    Medicine at Postgrad is considerably more competitive than undergraduate medicine. I'm not meaning to discourage you but if medicine is your (undisputed) ambition, I would go for a subject with heavy emphasis on scientific application i.e Chemistry/Biology/Bio-med.

(Original post by brown shuga)
    I would say psychology, like you said law is hard as a career, especially if you are a hijabi. But, whichever subject you enjoy the most and if you work hard, honestly you can do anythingyPosted from TSR Mobile
    Don't speak on something you know nothing about. Equal rights act rules out discrimination based on religion and the biggest employers in law invest heavily in diversity recruiting. In these given situations, you look at the statistics.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry..don't mean to interrupt the conversation but have you learnt about Freud?
    OMG I have learnt about that dude when I did As Psychology and much more deeply in BTEC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    OMG I have learnt about that dude when I did As Psychology and much more deeply in BTEC.
    It was waaay deeper in BTEC soo much fun heheh

ReputationRep:
    It was waaay deeper in BTEC soo much fun heheh
    Did you do BTEC? Damn I remember how deep it was loool

ReputationRep:
    how come we never see Somali people in like a professional work place Like i know they do stuff like medicine, teaching and that but i have never seen Somali doctors or like teachers I am genuinely confused where the somalians at?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do BTEC? Damn I remember how deep it was loool
    Yupp I did a BTEC Sub dip In health in my AS year which gave me one Alevel so i could drop it to focus on a2 Law and Psych LOOOL . i liked health aswell loool. The psych unit was my fave, hated the sociology one ufff

ReputationRep:
    Ohh yeah **** blonde moment. Freud is in the AQA AS psychology Paper as part of the psychopathology bit Of unit 2 But it was quite brief. IKR he is disturbing Creep. looool
    Ahah we did a bit about him in unit 1 too...but yh mainly in unit 2...so disturbing. My teacher was crazy too so she'd just randomly start talking about sex when we'd be learning about him and arghhh so awkward :lol:

Ahahha so creepy right? My teacher made it even more creepier. You did AS then BTEC?
    I dropped it after AS aha..my teacher thought I was going to do it at uni because I used to ask her such deep questions. Once I asked her a question (can't remember what) and she replied with "You can tell me the answer when you do your masters in psychology" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    how come we never see Somali people in like a professional work place Like i know they do stuff like medicine, teaching and that but i have never seen Somali doctors or like teachers I am genuinely confused where the somalians at?
    Word of advice. If you don't study Law at a target/semi-target, you will find it extremely difficult in trying to join the profession. Alongside having AAB+ (340 UCAS pts).

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Medicine at Postgrad is considerably more competitive than undergraduate medicine. I'm not meaning to discourage you but if medicine is your (undisputed) ambition, I would go for a subject with heavy emphasis on scientific application i.e Chemistry/Biology/Bio-med.

Don't speak on something you know nothing about. Equal rights act rules out discrimination based on religion and the biggest employers in law invest heavily in diversity recruiting. In these given situations, you look at the statistics.
    Equal rights eh, oh how I wish I was a naive 18 year old again 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice. If you don't study Law at a target/semi-target, you will find it extremely difficult in trying to join the profession. Alongside having AAB+ (340 UCAS pts).

All the best.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Is freud the guy who talked about babies having a sexual urge to their parents?
    Ma sis is studying anthropology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    Is freud the guy who talked about babies having a sexual urge to their parents?
    Ma sis is studying anthropology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yupp. A daughter has sexual tendencies towards her dad :afraid: and a son has sexual tendencies towards the mum.

ReputationRep:
    Equal rights eh, oh how I wish I was a naive 18 year old again
    Do you understand how HR recruit from these firms? Have you been part of the corporate recruitment process?

Top law firms and the Bulge Brackets have heavy emphasis on diversity recruiting. The amount of Muslims at the firm I work in speaks for itself. 7/15 of us summer interns that got selected for this years intake are Muslim.

I wish you weren't as ignorant as you've displayed yourself to be.

Just because you're a couple years older, doesn't make you knowledgeable on matters it is clear you have no intel regarding.

ReputationRep:
    Do you understand how HR recruit from these firms? Have you been part of the corporate recruitment process?

Top law firms and the Bulge Brackets have heavy emphasis on diversity recruiting. The amount of Muslims at the firm I work in speaks for itself. 7/15 of us summer interns that got selected for this years intake are Muslim.

I wish you weren't as ignorant as you've displayed yourself to be.

Just because you're a couple years older, doesn't make you knowledgeable on matters it is clear you have no intel regarding.
    Lool too funny. How am ignorant? At least I'm not rude and how do you know am I not doing law?

Stop making assumptions, when you don't know me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yupp I did a BTEC Sub dip In health in my AS year which gave me one Alevel so i could drop it to focus on a2 Law and Psych LOOOL . i liked health aswell loool. The psych unit was my fave, hated the sociology one ufff

OMG I liked the Sociology bit but not psychology. Well it was interesting learning about different theories. Hmm After I did As, the year after I did 2 years of BTEC

ReputationRep:
    Ahah we did a bit about him in unit 1 too...but yh mainly in unit 2...so disturbing. My teacher was crazy too so she'd just randomly start talking about sex when we'd be learning about him and arghhh so awkward :lol:

Ahahha so creepy right? My teacher made it even more creepier. You did AS then BTEC?
    I dropped it after AS aha..my teacher thought I was going to do it at uni because I used to ask her such deep questions. Once I asked her a question (can't remember what) and she replied with "You can tell me the answer when you do your masters in psychology" :rofl:
    Lol, damn the dude was freaky all the ice-berg theory, psycho-sexual stages, ID EGO SUPEREGO blah blah blah. It was too much gyal, my brain was gonna POP

ReputationRep:
    Lool too funny. How am ignorant? At least I'm not rude and how do you know am I not doing law?

Stop making assumptions, when you don't know me.
    I don't care what you're doing and neither did I ask. You claimed something that was incorrect, I called you out on it. Whether you perceived what I said to be rude is of your own concern. Don't spout in-factual nonsense and claim you're knowledgeable because you study a certain subject.

Firstly, what does doing a law degree have anything to do with understanding graduate recruitment?

Quite ironic that someone who does law doesn't even know the law (assuming your connotation carries truth).

ReputationRep:

*smiles at your bottom post*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol, damn the dude was freaky all the ice-berg theory, psycho-sexual stages, ID EGO SUPEREGO blah blah blah. It was too much gyal, my brain was gonna POP
    I know! Aha and all the dream analysis stuff...how if your dream had a train in it it meant some next thing *vomits*
    Thankfully I've never had a dream with a train in or any other weird objects he used in his theory
    What was that little boy called again, the one that was scared of horses? The poor thing had a phobia of horses and Freud twisted the whole thing so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.