The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think that was my mock in January actually
Was that the one about air pressure in mountains? Lol
Revision good
F324: consistent (I've done about 5 papers)
F325: consistent (done 4 I think)
G484: consistent (done a few)
G485: only done 2 but both 90+
French... Haven't done anything, gonna fail but that's fine, can get an e in paper and still get a I think overall
Maths, got A*s in the mocks we did so should be fine!
I might try for French but it's same day as f325 so meh

Yes got a fair bit of that last question right apart from that damn question.
Nice so you got round to those essay questions then :smug:
So how many a levels will you have by then end 6?

On a side related note did candidates get an extra week to revise, from this two week gap of half term coming up?

Wasn't it only one last year.
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
which paper you looking at?

g484 specimen was cake.

g484 june 2014 was difficult mainly just last question but it is what it is srs

Lol for me the june 2014 was cake and the specimen was not VERY hard I mean comparing the grade boundaries still would've A/A*ed it but still kind of tricky.

Now the G485 was quite difficult, the specimen paper, try it. The june 2014 G485 is very straightforward just need to remember the little details. :biggrin:
Also do you guys know any other positive use for resonance other then MRI and Microwave?
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Yes got a fair bit of that last question right apart from that damn question.
Nice so you got round to those essay questions then :smug:
So how many a levels will you have by then end 6?

On a side related note did candidates get an extra week to revise, from this two week gap of half term coming up?

Wasn't it only one last year.

Yeah lol, did an 8 marker on mri

Was gross

Only the 5
Original post by whyalwaysme??
Also do you guys know any other positive use for resonance other then MRI and Microwave?

Urmm

Ultrasound? The alternating voltage applied across the piezoelectric crystal has a frequency matching that of the the natural frequent of the crystal causing resonance so it produces pulses Ultrasound

Maybe?
Done my unit 1 resit, did messed up in some question but now fully concentrating on Physics A2 ^_^
Original post by sagar448
Lol for me the june 2014 was cake and the specimen was not VERY hard I mean comparing the grade boundaries still would've A/A*ed it but still kind of tricky.

Now the G485 was quite difficult, the specimen paper, try it. The june 2014 G485 is very straightforward just need to remember the little details. :biggrin:

I suppose so yes.

Soon as we have done the phy exams, every peasent on here gonna be whinging how they have had the hardest paper, you heards it here first.

Yes the specimen g485 was in some places tricky, I thought the june 2014 was different in the sense that the longer essay questions didn't come up hardly. I mean one g485 paper has 33 marks dedicated to medical physics questions, lolek.

Was gross

Only the 5

Urmm

Ultrasound? The alternating voltage applied across the piezoelectric crystal has a frequency matching that of the the natural frequent of the crystal causing resonance so it produces pulses Ultrasound

Maybe?

ggwp cu@CAT scans

Was gross

Only the 5

Urmm

Maybe?

Nice I see, thanks, could you help me with Jan 2011 question 3c)? No idea how to do it
Nice I see, thanks, could you help me with Jan 2011 question 3c)? No idea how to do it

line from 18 at y-axis and 0 at axis to x-axis with negative gradient. Then 0 gradient flat for a few seconds on X-axis then even steeper line from the x-axis to -18.

This is because When it's cooling from 18 degrees it takes longer so the rate of cooling is higher than when it's cooling from 0 degrees. So thats why steeper line blow x-axis
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 268

The current in a radio resonates at the same frequency of the detected radio waves.
line from 18 at y-axis and 0 at axis to x-axis with negative gradient. Then 0 gradient flat for a few seconds on X-axis then even steeper line from the x-axis to -18.

This is because When it's cooling from 18 degrees it takes longer so the rate of cooling is higher than when it's cooling from 0 degrees. So thats why steeper line blow x-axis

Oh wow thanks a lot for the help man, I get it now.

Original post by Elcor
The current in a radio resonates at the same frequency of the detected radio waves.

Nice that's interesting haven't heard that one before will definitely look it up.
Oh wow thanks a lot for the help man, I get it now.

No problem. :smile:
Hey guys, does anybody know why the Past papers from 2012 allow 1h 15 mins instead of 1h? Is it because they made the papers longer or they thought we needed more time? Didn't really feel much difference in the length, anyways just asking.
Hey guys, does anybody know why the Past papers from 2012 allow 1h 15 mins instead of 1h? Is it because they made the papers longer or they thought we needed more time? Didn't really feel much difference in the length, anyways just asking.

They felt as if we needed more time to think over the questions.
pg50 q2b
im stuck on this question from the text book.
I got so far:
SoGMmoon/R2 = GMearth/R2

G's cancel out but how do i use the fact "has travelled to a point of 0.9 of the distance between their centres"

help appreciated :smile:
Original post by imfrassin
pg50 q2b
im stuck on this question from the text book.
I got so far:
SoGMmoon/R2 = GMearth/R2

G's cancel out but how do i use the fact "has travelled to a point of 0.9 of the distance between their centres"

help appreciated :smile:

upload a picture of the question
Original post by chem@uni
upload a picture of the question

there you go fam
Original post by imfrassin
there you go fam

I think what you can do is create two equations where in one "r" is equal to the distance from the point to the moon and in the second equation "r" is equal to the distance from the point to the earth.

Equation being F = GMm/(r^2)

Then set them both equal since they both equal to 0 and just solve for one of the "M"s.

Good luck :biggrin:
I think what you can do is create two equations where in one "r" is equal to the distance from the point to the moon and in the second equation "r" is equal to the distance from the point to the earth.

Equation being F = GMm/(r^2)

Then set them both equal since they both equal to 0 and just solve for one of the "M"s.

Good luck :biggrin:

How can I when the distance or mass of the moon hasn't been given?

Also what's the best way of defining phase difference? Anyone know what they're looking for on a mark scheme haven't started papers yet, just finishing off notes.

I defined it as 'the angle in radians between subsequent wave peaks' I think that's a bit vague tho
Is the following correct?
scalar x scalar = scalar
vector x vector = vector
scalar x vector = vector
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Is the following correct?
scalar x scalar = scalar
vector x vector = vector
scalar x vector = vector

Vector x vector= scalar, think of it as + and - where + is scalar and - vector

Latest

Trending