Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maruchan)
    yes you don't have to worry about it
    Alright.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone quickly summarise how you know which salt making method to use? I know the mixing/stir/filter one is two soluble salts to make an insoluble salt, but for the others, how do you know whether to use a titration or the other method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pprish.chandaria)
    Sure I will do that. Uhmm no I don't have the CGP book
    i have it, ill bring it to school tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone understand why calcium hydroxide is used to neutralise acidic soil in fields

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    This is because calcium hydroxide is an alkali and the soil is acidic. Whereby an acid is neutralized by the alkali

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Sonia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    could anyone help me out with explaining this:
    (general topic of polymerisation, additional polymerisation etc. The question itself made me go whaaaaat? and I just guessed because it's better than a blank amirite :yy: the Gold is me marking and my expression of ~woe~ THANKS IN ADVANCE I REALLY NEED HELP >.< )
    Name:  IMG_8944.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  460.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Sonia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    (general topic of polymerisation, additional polymerisation etc. The question itself made me go whaaaaat? and I just guessed because it's better than a blank amirite :yy: the Gold is me marking and my expression of ~woe~ THANKS IN ADVANCE I REALLY NEED HELP >.< )
    You've just drawn the propene molecule out when its basically asking you to draw two monomers joined together like in the diagram shown above it. It wants to see that you understand that the C-C double bond is broken to allow more monomers to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    All it wants to see if the repeat monomer unit drawn out twice, the ms shows the CH3 in different orientations but they could be the same side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edcj)
    All it wants to see if the repeat monomer unit drawn out twice, the ms shows the CH3 in different orientations but they could be the same side.
    (Original post by Johnnieb623)
    You've just drawn the propene molecule out when its basically asking you to draw two monomers joined together like in the diagram shown above it. It wants to see that you understand that the C-C double bond is broken to allow more monomers to join.
    thank youuu I get it now, I was just being a bit blind hahah

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you do the AQA iGCSE chemistry double award exam today?

ReputationRep:
    no you scrub

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    I have problems answering questions related to bonding. Please help.
    :sorry:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    How did the paper go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    I have problems answering questions related to bonding. Please help.
    hey, what do u need to know about it? covalent, metallic and ionic bonding?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, but I already received help on that topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for those who did the double award edexcel igcse chemistry today, did u guys put carbon dioxide as a compound of unpolluted gas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiob)
    for those who did the double award edexcel igcse chemistry today, did u guys put carbon dioxide as a compound of unpolluted gas?
    Ya you could put h20 as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiob)
    Yes. I put CO2, I thought of putting O2 but then it said compound so CO2 was the only viable answer since it's the only compound in air (argon, oxygen, nitrogen are elements). Other people put H20 though, not sure if that's right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.