UKCAT 2017- scores and resources - NO DISCUSSION

Scroll to see replies

VR:640
QR:830
AR:750
SJT: band 2
AVG: 740

Resources: Medify (most useful) Kaplan book, 1000q book and official tests

I would suggest keep track of time, I didn't do that for VR and had to guess quite a few.
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
VR: 610 :colondollar:
QR: 770
AR: 900
SJT: Band 2
Average: 760

Resources: medify, 600Q, kaplan & offical site over 2 months
:h:
Reply 22
VR: 580 (Whoops...)
QR: 780
AR: 620
SJT: Band 1
Average: 660

Resources: 1000Q's (new edition of 600 Q's), kaplan book & UKCAT site over about 6 weeks and medify in the last 2 weeks. So gutted about my VR score, the questions were insanely unfair and difficult and I had been getting 800 + in the practise tests.
VR 600
QR 710
AR 630
Average 647
SJ - Band 1

Totally messed up the timings on all sections and had to guess the remainder. I wasn't ruthless enough in abandoning a Q; flagging and marking and then moving on to the next one. The first two sets of Qs I had in the AR section threw me as I could not see a pattern at all and I think that unsettled me a bit.

Used a combination of medify, kaplan, 1000Qs.
Reply 24
Do people know if my score is okay?

VR:590
QR:740
AR:660
SJT:Band 2
Average: 663.3
(Total 1990)

Resources I used were the 1000Q book and UKCAT website mocks for about a week and a half
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lewishier
VR: 820
QR: 830
AR: 870
Average: 840
Resources used: Medify, Kaplan, 1000Q, 1200Q UniAdmissions, Official UKCAT tests

Congratulations ! (sorry i know there isn't meant to be any discussion) Brief question - how long did you spend preparing? Thank you :-)
Reply 26
VR 600
QR 710
AR 630
Average 647
SJ Band 1

Not what i hoped for, i didn't respect the timings properly and was not ruthless enough. The AR section was harder than i expected, the first two sets were a mystery.

Used a combination of medify, kaplan and 1000Qs.
VR 630
QR 710
AR 790
BAND 2
RESOURCES 2 weeks of medify, the two day classroom sessions with kaplan and ukcat official website
TIME about 2 hours a day then in the last week 3/4 hours a day
Reply 28
VR: 650
QR: 800
AR: 580
Average: 676

Resources: 1000Q's book & UKCAT site over about 6 weeks

VR is harder and longer than practise questions/as hard as 1000Qs book
AR is as hard as official tests on UKCAT website but I suck at AR soooo
QR is much simpler than everything, don't stress this one, just know how to use percentages well
SJT is quite easy IMO, it's on par with 1000Q book
Don't bother with DEcision Analysis section, use it to go to the toilet and relax

Good luck!
VR: 570:redface:
QR: 790
AR: 700
Average: 686
Resources: 600Q, Medify, Kaplan booklet & UKCAT website mocks.
VR - 680
QR - 800
AR - 770
SJT - Band 2
(Average 750)
Resources - ISC 1000 Qs & 2 weeks medify.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
VR- 540:angry:( I was disappointed i didn't breach any more than 600 but I kind of expected it to be honest haha)
QR- 850:eek: (Thought i was gonna do so badly- I had to re-teach myself how to do percentage changes the day before LMAO)
AR- 870:h: (pleasantly surprised. Managed to guess all patterns- lost some marks probably due to slight misinterpretation of rules or choosing the wrong set even though in my head i had chose the right set- not the first time that has ever happened hahah)
SJT- band 2 (indifferent)
average- 753

RESOURCES: 1000Q, Official UKCAT Mocks, Medify

Medify is the best resource in my opinion! I suggest doing every single question there is before you sit your exam!!!!!!!!! INCLUDING MOCKS ON THERE!!!!! Because i didn't and coincidentally enough the amount of questions that i did for each section on medify correlate with my score hahaha:tongue:
I gotta admit i barely used half of the 1000Q, but i did do all the AR questions in it and some QR. In my opinion the maths in the 1000Q is of a WAY HARDER STANDARD than what it's like in the real test- Medify is more realistic, i feel.
Original post by Gogregg
(I know this is no discussion but I just have to answer this)

I didn't mean in a sense that it becomes harder. There are probably reasons for this, one that you stated yourself, maybe because people have just finished exams so are still in revision mode? I don't know.

(found it!: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/guide-2016/UKCAT_Guide_16_Web.html#p=27 first bullet point under 'Advice':wink:

I think it just means that it gets out of the way faster and anxiety isn't as much of an issue. They would really be under a lot of fire if it turned out the UKCAT progressively gets harder!
Reply 33
VR - 550
QR - 720
AR - 600
SJ - BAND 3
AVERAGE - 623

RESOURCES USED: ISC 1000Q, UKCAT PRACTICE Tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
VR - 610
QR - 750
AR - 730
SJT - Band 1

Average - 696.7

Resources: Medify, eMedica, Kaplan and 1000Q book

Tips: I pulled the short straw on both AR and especially QR with all multi-step questions which brought my average down so I feel quite proud of myself that I got an average this high anyways. The biggest advice I can give you is to not always rely on what other people say when you revise (ie. 'The QR was incredibly easy':wink: and then become a little complacent. The test is different for everyone and you never know whether you get lucky or get hit with loads of bad questions. Try and prepare for the worst case scenario. VR is not any more difficult to most practice questions except the passages 'look' much bigger. It's usually the nerves that results in a lower score so try to overcome that.

And finally, good luck!!
VR: 590
QR: 800
AR: 650
SJ: B1
AVG: 680

Resources: 2 weeks Medify, 1000 ISC questions
Reply 36
VR:640
QR:900
AR:730
SJ:Band 1
AVG: 757

Resources: 1 month medify, Kaplan 2 day course.
VR: 640 (Very time consuming and much harder than medify)
QR: 830 (Easy questions, but many of them took 3-4 steps which was frustrating)
AR: 820 (I think there were lots of partial patterns, so even though I got the main patterns, I didn't get all the questions correct).

Average: 763

Resources used: Kaplan 2-day course and online resources, Medify and Official mock
Reply 38
VR: 520:frown::angry:
AR: 720

AVG: 670

Warwick dream is over!

Resources: Medify, ISC 1000(not useful) and all the official questions
Reply 39
Original post by saran23
VR: 520:frown::angry:
AR: 720

AVG: 670

Warwick dream is over!

Resources: Medify, ISC 1000(not useful) and all the official questions

Can I ask why the Warwick dream is over? Do they look at individual sections?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending