The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ZJuwelH
Oh so you're just being a rebel???

if you want to call it that. i call it having my own mind. knowing what i wanted and oxbridge not being it.

lvoe Katy ***
Reply 21
Unregistered
how Obvious Are You....

The words black, kettle and pot spring to mind...
Reply 22
ickle_katy
if you want to call it that. i call it having my own mind. knowing what i wanted and oxbridge not being it.

lvoe Katy ***

Fair enough, good on you I say. Hey, most of us know what we want. For some it's Oxbridge, for others it isn't. Let's just try and get it :smile:
Reply 23
Unregistered
Yes Katy, And Because You Are The Odd One Out Who Is Not Good Enough To Go To Cambridge, You Pretend You Dont Want To Go Anyway To Cover Up Your Dissapoitnemnt At Being The Intellectual Reject In Your Family. Lol.how Obvious Are You....

if id wanted to go...i would have gone.

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Yes Katy, And Because You Are The Odd One Out Who Is Not Good Enough To Go To Cambridge, You Pretend You Dont Want To Go Anyway To Cover Up Your Dissapoitnemnt At Being The Intellectual Reject In Your Family. Lol.how Obvious Are You....

Oh for goodness sake! Loads of people can't stand Oxbridge for many reasons. The pressure is huge, some prefer a modern setting, there are loads of snobs and cliques - the list goes on. I know people who've got the grades and not applied or even had an offer and chosen a modern uni over it. the whole world does not revolve around Oxbridge. I'm at Cam, and while it does have many good points, the bad points are plentiful enough to put many people off.
Scuse bad language. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a fantastic time but I can see it would be awful if the setting and atmosphere isn't for you. A few people have dropped out already in favour of less stuffy unis.
Who is this "Unregistered" person? Sorry to be so assuming, but I think it's cool_mate. He starts all his words with capitals too, and had a very similar attitude in the post about Jools' article.
Reply 27
Last edited by edders on 26-10-2003 at 04:30 PM.

looks like someone forgot to turn the clocks back.
Reply 28
Samantha **
Who is this "Unregistered" person? Sorry to be so assuming, but I think it's cool_mate. He starts all his words with capitals too, and had a very similar attitude in the post about Jools' article.

that was quick for a newbie. He is also Maskall_147, wassap_147, and countless other names......
Reply 29
elpaw
looks like someone forgot to turn the clocks back.

not me (it says 3.30 on my computer). your clock? :confused:
How pathetic! To think I wasted so much time being friendly and PMing him. Does he have no life?!
Edders, I think elpaw means the website clock hasn't been turned back. :smile:
Reply 32
Samantha **
Edders, I think elpaw means the website clock hasn't been turned back. :smile:

but it says 'last edited by edders at 330' on my screen, so thats why im confused :confused:
Reply 33
edders
not me (it says 3.30 on my computer). your clock? :confused:

the setting should be independent of the computer, its a server-side script.
Reply 34
Not getting the grades isn't the only reason for not going to Oxbridge. I thought about applying to Oxford but decided not to, for many of the reasons already mentioned - plus the effort required to actually get in :rolleyes: and because I just don't think I'm suited for Oxbridge - irl I'm quite shy and lack confidence in my abilities/ opinions. Instead I've applied to places like York and Warwick - unis that are nearly as good and ones that I just think I'll be happier at.
Reply 35
edders
but it says 'last edited by edders at 330' on my screen, so thats why im confused :confused:

Hi Acid_Rain! Not at all to criticise what you've said - after all, you've got to feel happy where you're going - but I just wondered if you've ever visited the Oxford colleges? I'm from a very low state school, with absolutely no history of sending students to Oxford. When my boyfriend and I visited, we were pleasantly surprised at just how friendly everyone was. I was concerned about not fitting in, and about only the public school students feeling comfortable there. We stayed overnight at Wadham, and fell in love with its friendly atmosphere. I must say that I didn't feel out of place at all. And another twist to add to the situation: I didn't particularly feel comfortable at Warwick! Mind you, I did visit that a year before. I still applied though. :smile:
Reply 37
elpaw

'ow queer
Reply 38
No, I haven't visited Oxford - although a friend at a different school did and was also surprised at how friendly everyone was. Of course, by the time I heard that it was too late to change my mind

What didn't you like so much about Warwick? Just wondering, cause I fell in love with it when I visited :biggrin:
Reply 39
edders
'ow queer

Who are we talking about now?

Latest

Trending

Trending