The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

magicbuspass
Do you think you are funny?

Funny like what? funny like a clown? You think I'm a clown?

To answer the question, Yes.
He seemed like a nice chap when he helped me damp proof my basement.
Reply 22
Mwoah
I don't really give a **** if he's got a TV. His punishment is to lose his freedom, not to miss Eastenders. Get a grip, it's a ****** TV. It's still prison.

I don't think he should be in a luxury prison, he deserves to be in a ****** prison with others who have done distgusting things, I don't care if he's "mentally ill"
It's not about his ability to watch Eastenders.
The Austrians should like dig into the depths of the earth, and hand him over personally to Satan.
Reply 24
Prison these days.........:rolleyes:
he makes me cringe every time i look at him :s-smilie:. Calling him Rapist,sick or demented horrible gremlin,are all severe understatements.
Did anyone hear about him getting potentially eaten like steak by a cannibal if he went into the same prison.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2319459.ece
He built the cellar, let him live in it for the rest of his life. Seems adequately secure.

Or bring back the death penalty.

Either one, and nothing else, would satisfy me.
Reply 28
Lady_Darkness
He built the cellar, let him live in it for the rest of his life. Seems adequately secure.

Or bring back the death penalty.

Either one, and nothing else, would satisfy me.

Precisely, It's just sick sick sick, he had 7 children with his daughter and one died from him mistreating it. It's so sad.
daisyc
I don't think he should be in a luxury prison, he deserves to be in a ****** prison with others who have done distgusting things, I don't care if he's "mentally ill"
It's not about his ability to watch Eastenders.

Are you saying that someone who is not mentally competent should be held responsible for actions they lacked control over simply because you've decided the consequences were bad?

If we're going to punish people who aren't responsible, why not just pick some random person on the street to lock up?

The man obviously needed to be locked away to protect the rest of us, but being cruel for the sake of being cruel isn't right.
im so academic
The Austrians should like dig into the depths of the earth, and hand him over personally to Satan.

For someone who claims to be academic you're not very in touch with geography are you? He's an Aussie, and an Australian national hero at that.
Reply 31
numb3rb0y
Are you saying that someone who is not mentally competent should be held responsible for actions they lacked control over simply because you've decided the consequences were bad?

If we're going to punish people who aren't responsible, why not just pick some random person on the street to lock up?

The man obviously needed to be locked away to protect the rest of us, but being cruel for the sake of being cruel isn't right.

Your arguement is terrible, pick a random person off of the street? Come on...
He was definatly responsible for his own actions, if he was so mentally unstable it would have been known before. He is just a vile humanbeing, he's also raped 3 other women in Austria and possibly others, they're re-opening a trial.
It's not being cruel for the sake of being cruel. He doesnt deserve to be in such a nice prison. All prisons should be the same and they shouldnt be luxury haha.
FyreFight
For someone who claims to be academic you're not very in touch with geography are you? He's an Aussie, and an Australian national hero at that.

numb3rb0y
The man is clearly severely mentally ill, and thus cannot truly be held accountable for his actions. I realise this isn't the standard mob justice viewpoint, but he should have our pity more than anything else.

The pyschiatrist said he was perfectly sane.
daisyc
Your arguement is terrible, pick a random person off of the street? Come on...

No, it's not. Both situations are consistent with your "personal responsibility be damned" logic.

daisyc
He was definatly responsible for his own actions, if he was so mentally unstable it would have been known before. He is just a vile humanbeing, he's also raped 3 other women in Austria and possibly others, they're re-opening a trial.

Yeah, I'm going to have to trust the judgement of a number of judges that spoke to the man first hand, hear testimony from medical and psychiatric professionals, and read psychiatric reports regarding it, over some person on the internet when it comes to determining his mental state. He is not just being sent to a "nice" prison, he is being sent to a secure psychiatric facility. Austria has prisons that are not psychiatric facilities; criminals are separated between the two because it is understood that the mentally ill cannot be held totally responsible for their actions, if at all, and should be treated as a person who is sick, not a villain.

daisyc
It's not being cruel for the sake of being cruel. He doesnt deserve to be in such a nice prison. All prisons should be the same and they shouldnt be luxury haha.

It is being cruel; you're relishing in mob justice string 'em up cruelty, simply because you think what he did was disgusting (not that you're wrong on specific point), regardless of any mitigating factors. The mentally ill are not completely competent, and thus should not be punished vindictively, because such punishment wouldn't even have an impact on recidivism as they never truly made the choice to commit the crime in the first place.
ChunkymunkyDJC
facepalm

I can assure you he's Australian, there are pictures of him lounging around in Sydney.
that image above does not make sense

this whole story is really old i cant believe its only jut made headlines

raping your daughter and having kids with her while making her live in the basement is completely insane

Fritzl needs some serious torture and im not making a reference to his fashion sense
Tyrotoxism

AN AUSTRALIAN ICON
Reply 38
I think the point here is not that he is a rapist and therefore doesn't deserve a tv, it's the fact that the conditions of his imprisonment are going to be more comfortable than those that he dished out to his own daughter. To think that he could possible get out after fifteen years when he imprisoned his daughter for twenty four is sickening
Turd_Sandwich
that image above does not make sense

this whole story is really old i cant believe its only jut made headlines

raping your daughter and having kids with her while making her live in the basement is completely insane

Fritzl needs some serious torture and im not making a reference to his fashion sense

Latest

Trending

Trending