The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Helloo,

I just finished yr 10 and I'm going on to yr 11 this September and at this point, i haven't really been revising for my GCSEs because i have a lot of HW to do, which i nearly finished, so i just need some advice of what i should do at this point because i want to achieve the highest grades as possible.

Also the government has issued a new GCSE reform, and from reading it, it sounds like they are making the exams more difficult for every subject, and i was wondering if this new reform would affect me and my studying in anyway because if it did it wouldn't really be fair because we (our whole year) have been studying a different module.

Hello!
I'm new today, I've joined mainly because I've already sorted out all of my University options (I'm going in 2016) and I want to find out more about the course and university I plan to go to! (marketing and Lancaster)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Hey I joined TSR because I wanted access to all the advice needed and if I ever need anything to help me I know TSR is here to help:smile: I am starting year 10 next week and I am willing to work as hard as I can to achieve the best results possible:biggrin:
Joined today as start social care this year, anyone else starting ?
Reply 384
i joined today, my name is khadija btw ( it's arab )
Hi!! :h: I am on the third year of High School and I've just joined the student room in order to find information about my university application. I come from Greece, but I want to study law in England and as a result I have to learn some tips and get advice about this issue. Any ideas for an unusual personal statement or information about the studies-and the lnat- are acceptable!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 386
hey !

i just joined TSR today, n i don't know how to use it xD! neverminds, euh can somebody show me other schools similar to Uwc ? i don't know where to post!

thanks xx

Dija
Reply 387
Hi,
I'm new here. I've just joined here.
Nice to meet you all. :smile:
Reply 388
I joined the student room a while back, but I never actually introduced myself to anyone :smile:

My name's Salina, I am an A-level student current studying History, Human Biology, Chemistry and Psychology ^^ I'm looking into maybe studying medicine with a foundation year.
Reply 389
Hi guys, I just joined also :u:, been visiting for time now and I thought may as well join.
I'm currently in Yr13 as of Sept. 2016. I am studying Economics, Business Studies and Religion.
I am interested in doing economics/finance/accountancy after school.
:colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by Jenna Zhang
Hello,I join here because I want to improve my English and make friends.By the way,I am a Chinese and my major in university is English Literature. You know,our teachers are almost Chinese and we hardly use English in our daily life.I think I can not really improve my English in that way.However,I know TSR by accident and join it.I hope it will help.

Try watching English movies with the subtitles on. That way, you get used to hearing English been spoken and you learn to read quickly, cause the subtitles will be whizzing around. :smile:
Reply 391
Hi everyone! I made my account about 8 hours ago, but I didn't have time to write in this thread. So I'm new at TSR, and I'm currently doing my AS levels. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. What I really need help in is Geo and Chem. I hope this website will help me reach my goals! :biggrin:
Original post by Yasora
Hi everyone! I made my account about 8 hours ago, but I didn't have time to write in this thread. So I'm new at TSR, and I'm currently doing my AS levels. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. What I really need help in is Geo and Chem. I hope this website will help me reach my goals! :biggrin:

Hiya, welcome to :tsr: :smile:

I'd recommend that you have a little look at the Maths subsection and the Geography subsection - hopefully they will help you as you can ask for help and help others!

Let me know if you need anything else!
Hello everyone,
I signed up today, and despite it having been quite a few years since I was in education, I am trying to better myself. I am going to be fitting this in around my part time job, which will be a challenge in itself.
Looking at some of these replies, I feel ancient :colondollar:, but you are never too old, or so the saying goes...
My name is Melanie (but you can call me Mel), and I live in Lancashire, in North West England.
Nice to be hear and thanks for having me.
hallow. its al cush

nout to worry aboot here

nee bosh

??????
any banter bud, liike a sed last time its al cush but 4 some reason you seem to have reported me and a divnt kna why. lols

tk later

still ?????
Hi guys my names is charleey98 and I'm new today :smile: I guess I just wanted an account so I can actually reply to questions and stuff on here haha, nice to see theres lots of new people too :smile:
Reply 397
Anyone doing accounting and finance this year? :-)
Hi! I am a newcomer to TSR. I am starting my life as a uni student soon, so I am here to make friends and get some uni tips :smile:
hiya everyone:h::h::h::h::h:
my names Amreen and I have just joined today :smile:
I am messaging on here to ask if anyone has applied for full time student fiancé through post and have they recieved anything yet as I start uni on the 18th September an di need my form to come before that so i can enrol was wondering if anyone from the TSR team help me so I can get my letter before next Friday as that is when I enrol onto my course.. hope to hear from you soon as only got 4 days left for enrolment hoping to get my letter before that date
thank u in advance:smile:

Latest