Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    That is literally me. Think positive I'm sure you will get amazing grades. If you've worked hard you will definitely achieve amazing results
    Thank you SO much for your kind words of comfort. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone in my habit of always being negative. I'll try my best to be positive and please promise me that you will too! My parents expect so much from me and all I want in life is to make them proud... Good luck for tomorrow and just think positive and God will do positive!!

ReputationRep:
    This video is making me all panicky !! But on the good side what if the examiners were very lenient this year ... - which i doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bt0jzBnZuI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepewds_)
    Thank you SO much for your kind words of comfort. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone in my habit of always being negative. I'll try my best to be positive and please promise me that you will too! My parents expect so much from me and all I want in life is to make them proud... Good luck for tomorrow and just think positive and God will do positive!!
    No worries Dw i will Same here. Thank you and you too I'm sure God will do positive xx

Lower grade boundaries is a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that more students will be happier and be able to do certain AS courses. Also their CVs and such would look better. The bad thing is that there would be a grade inflation. Because A and A* would no longer mean anything anymore when everyone is getting it. It doesn't separate the esoteric students from the standard students.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with WJEC English language UMS? I really don't understand how many marks it is for a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyeAmber)
    Can someone please help me with WJEC English language UMS? I really don't understand how many marks it is for a C
    Same !!! It's really annoying me

This video is making me all panicky !! But on the good side what if the examiners were very lenient this year ... - which i doubt

I hope the examiners were marking lenient this year too, maybe that will justify the sky high grade boundaries this year. Good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie_xxxoo)
    Same I think I will fail this one and resit it again. Do u think college will allow me to resit again?
    yeah, of course. i've had no problems with resitting it again but I think i'm just gonna give up now i'm about to go to a really good uni so I can't complain really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabetht96)
    yeah, of course. i've had no problems with resitting it again but I think i'm just gonna give up now i'm about to go to a really good uni so I can't complain really
    Congrats! Which Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdaniels2011)
    Congrats! Which Uni?
    Thank you! Lancaster University
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Lower grade boundaries is a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that more students will be happier and be able to do certain AS courses. Also their CVs and such would look better. The bad thing is that there would be a grade inflation. Because A and A* would no longer mean anything anymore when everyone is getting it. It doesn't separate the esoteric students from the standard students.
    Nah, low boundaries just mean the paper was harder. The number of people scoring A's and A*s would be about the same as if the boundaries were high.

(Original post by usycool1)
    Nah, low boundaries just mean the paper was harder. The number of people scoring A's and A*s would be about the same as if the boundaries were high.
    What was the need for the reformed A-levels and GCSEs then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pens&Papers)
    I hope the examiners were marking lenient this year too, maybe that will justify the sky high grade boundaries this year. Good luck !!
    Yeh I hope too 😄 Good luck to you too 😊

(Original post by usycool1)
    I don't understand why the grade boundaries are high in maths edexcel when the paper was kinda hard but not very very easy.

ReputationRep:
    What is the good thing about high grade boundaries ?

Examiners are always harsh

What is the good thing about high grade boundaries ?
    There is no good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Examiners are always harsh
    I guess 😟

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I believe the former is the more desirable outcome; 'happier' students with more pathways open mean more potential can be discovered later on-down-the-line. I believe the premise that having low grade boundaries "doesn't separate" students by perceived academic ability is in fact a positive outcome.
    Why; countless studies have shown that true development and true academic potential cannot be properly measured in the very limiting context of GCSE exams - I think the GCSE should serve as a 'positive boost' for students, to encourage them to pursue study further and later down the road we can start talking about issuing qualifications in the interests of streaming society.

ReputationRep:
    I was really confident with what I thought I'd get but now looking at the grade boundaries I'm not so sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.