Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What marks are you getting in first year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So far 55,62,65... quite happy with them as I am doing English Literature and haven't written a proper English essay for 2 years :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm the same as you OP.

I'm doing journalism and I've gotten two marks so far.

Three stories we had to write; 56%
    TV assignment (where we had to film, edit and write a cue sheet etc); 56%

So I'm working at 2:2 level as-well and I know it's the first year and it doesn't count to anything but it's made me disheartened and I know I need to pick it up.

Although I've noticed I'm doing silly mistakes like my grammar and not re-reading it to be make sure it makes sense etc.

But yeah, feel a bit down in the dumps about it all really.
    Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    History essay 65+
    waiting on philosophy and anthropology essays (not expecting anything particularly good for either of them)

ReputationRep:
    Got my latest assignment back for archaeology and got a 2.1 so I am pleased with that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.