• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The latest discussions widget on the right takes up so much space and is annoying to have on my screen while I'm at work because of some of the stuff that shows up on there. Also annoyed that the reputation received and watched threads have been bumped all the way to the bottom of my myTSR page!

ReputationRep:
    I just hope we'll be able to customise our widgets eventually. The current 'My TSR' default view is horrible.

In the meantime, like the idea of the changes being brought to the site.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Hi everyone,

Just to keep you updated, we have put in the request to put Watched Forums at the top of the left of My TSR homepage. It may take a little while because we are on development lock down at the moment while we make some big changes behind the scenes of the site to improve overall performance for you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with all of this, it will end up with a better TSR once we're through it all

Jack
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    that's odd.
    I used to have the ability to move and customise my widgets. can't we do that anymore?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aph)
    that's odd.
    I used to have the ability to move and customise my widgets. can't we do that anymore?
    No, I'm afraid not. We have a bigger and more intelligent 'personalisation' thing planned where you can specify interests etc. Which means we had to take that away to make room for the new thing. It will all be good in the end but means a couple of months of things being a bit weird til it's all sorted for you.

It's really annoying trying to view my watched forums:sad:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    It's really annoying trying to view my watched forums:sad:
    I think there's also a limit on the sidebar widget of how many watched forums show?? 10?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I have a temporary… bodge… I've deleted the widgets I don't like with adblock (you can configure it to allow TSR's ads :yep:) — which put them in a more agreeable order. I think there's a Chrome extension somewhere which allows you to permanently change certain page elements when the page loads… will let you know if I find anything! :top:

FYI this is a bodge and I'm not recommending it. The new widgets layout and My TSR layout are slowly sending me round the bend though. So I've compromised.

Also…. I did ask elsewhere, but the Latest Discussions widget (My TSR) simply refuses to update for me. Any ideas anyone? :dontknow:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    WATCHED FORUMS IS BACK :party:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by PQ)
    WATCHED FORUMS IS BACK :party:
    I was just about to post this in here

:yay:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I was just about to post this in here

:yay:
    I spent the first couple of seconds blinking at the screen thinking "FFS NOW [email protected] REPLACED MY WATCHED THREADS WITH SOME OTHER NONSENSE :mad:" before realising what I was looking at :rofl:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by PQ)
    I spent the first couple of seconds blinking at the screen thinking "FFS NOW [email protected] REPLACED MY WATCHED THREADS WITH SOME OTHER NONSENSE :mad:" before realising what I was looking at :rofl:
    I never used to use watched forums but after everyone was like ":shock: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo" when they went away, I'm not now giving them a go :cool:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    waTCHED FORUMS :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Argh!!! Flying notifications!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PQ)
    (Original post by iEthan)
    waTCHED FORUMS :teeth:
    Bish bash bosh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Bish bash bosh
    This is great, I'm sorry for ever moaning :rofl:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by PQ)
    I never used to use watched forums but after everyone was like ":shock: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo" when they went away, I'm not now giving them a go :cool:
    *edit: I'm NOW giving them a go, not not giving them a go :facepalm: awkward typo
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    ooooh I got re-notified when you edited that post....is that new?

edit: oh no - just noticed the re-quote NOTHING TO SEE HERE :flute:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Bish bash bosh

If this works, I will never look back
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    oHMYGOD IT WORKS

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.