Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the difference, I put: Solution Y may have had a higher initial temperature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The backward reaction was endo. And yeah, equation 3 is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put that the triangle meant the temperature of the substance lol I will fail chemistry so bad

ReputationRep:
    Yes I wrote 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abodee1)
    Was the backward reaction endo or exo? I wrote endo
    And what equation was the right one ? I wrote 3 because it should have half the moles...
    Yh, both correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11Struggles;[url="tel:64950415")
    64950415[/url]]Yh, both correct
    Yay!!!,0 I feel so good right now because I totally messed up in bio but did really good In chemistry!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is my ans for the difference correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Droneon)
    For the difference, I put: Solution Y may have had a higher initial temperature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh.... I wrote because it was less Concentrated......

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't get how having a lower concentration would mean a higher temperature rise...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the exam today?

ReputationRep:
    The exam was actually pretty easy. That being said, hope they don't make paper 2 hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11Struggles)
    For water I put:
    To remove residual solution X
    For solution Y I put:
    To remove water
    For why there is a difference I put:
    Solution Y has a lower concetration
    that's exactly what I wrote as well! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Droneon)
    The exam was actually pretty easy. That being said, hope they don't make paper 2 hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think we were doing different exams ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahaaz.lone)
    There was hardly any organic chemistry on it! no blast furnace, no electrolysis, no iron or aluminium extraction.... FFS all the things i revise somehow are not in the test. Cheers edexcel you snakes
    It will be in the second paper

ReputationRep:
    Well I did the IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry paper 1C today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahaaz.lone)
    There was hardly any organic chemistry on it! no blast furnace, no electrolysis, no iron or aluminium extraction.... FFS all the things i revise somehow are not in the test. Cheers edexcel you snakes
    I know!!!! I felt that way too.. Snakes!!! Hiss off Edexcel! (Unless physics is a cakewalk.. Then I *might* be a little less annoyed) 😂

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone understand the difference between HCl in water and methylbenzene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex.trin)
    Does anyone understand the difference between HCl in water and methylbenzene?
    in methylbenzene the ions (Cl- and H+) don't move freely in the solution so it stays neutral

in water the are free to move (disassociate) and cause it to be acidic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metellaest)
    Yes - that's the 'soluble + soluble' to make an insoluble salt (precipitate).

The other methods are:

'acid + excess base' which I think is just a solid (ie insoluble) added to an acid, which you then filter and use the four step method to obtain a pure, dry sample

'titration - between an acid and an alkali if they you don't know the concentration of one or both' - it uses a soluble base

I think it will be fairly obvious in the test, but if you have two aqueous solutions and you are obtaining a solid, do the precipitation reaction. If you have a solid and some acid, do excess base. If you have an unknown concentration of acids and/or alkalis, do a titration

Based on past papers, I'd say it's most likely to be a titration...

Good luck
    I have my exam tomorrow and I have absolutely no clue what that is! I haven't even come across it in my revision. Have you got any resources that can easily explain that to me, I'd really appreciate it... I'm so worried now...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.