The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry - 19th May 2016 - Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

For the difference, I put: Solution Y may have had a higher initial temperature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The backward reaction was endo. And yeah, equation 3 is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put that the triangle meant the temperature of the substance lol I will fail chemistry so bad :colondollar:
Reply 43
Yes I wrote 3
Original post by Abodee1
Was the backward reaction endo or exo? I wrote endo
And what equation was the right one ? I wrote 3 because it should have half the moles...

Yh, both correct
Reply 45
[QUOTE=Year11Struggles;64950415]Yh, both correct

Yay!!!,0 I feel so good right now because I totally messed up in bio but did really good In chemistry!!!
Is my ans for the difference correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Droneon
For the difference, I put: Solution Y may have had a higher initial temperature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh.... I wrote because it was less Concentrated......
Also, I don't get how having a lower concentration would mean a higher temperature rise...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you find the exam today?
The exam was actually pretty easy. That being said, hope they don't make paper 2 hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Year11Struggles
For water I put:
To remove residual solution X
For solution Y I put:
To remove water
For why there is a difference I put:
Solution Y has a lower concetration

that's exactly what I wrote as well! :-)
I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
The exam was actually pretty easy. That being said, hope they don't make paper 2 hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we were doing different exams ((
Original post by mahaaz.lone
There was hardly any organic chemistry on it! no blast furnace, no electrolysis, no iron or aluminium extraction.... FFS all the things i revise somehow are not in the test. Cheers edexcel you snakes

It will be in the second paper
Well I did the IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry paper 1C today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahaaz.lone
There was hardly any organic chemistry on it! no blast furnace, no electrolysis, no iron or aluminium extraction.... FFS all the things i revise somehow are not in the test. Cheers edexcel you snakes

I know!!!! I felt that way too.. Snakes!!! Hiss off Edexcel! (Unless physics is a cakewalk.. Then I *might* be a little less annoyed) 😂
Does anyone understand the difference between HCl in water and methylbenzene?
Reply 58
Original post by Alex.trin
Does anyone understand the difference between HCl in water and methylbenzene?

in methylbenzene the ions (Cl- and H+) don't move freely in the solution so it stays neutral

in water the are free to move (disassociate) and cause it to be acidic
Original post by metellaest
Yes - that's the 'soluble + soluble' to make an insoluble salt (precipitate).

The other methods are:

'acid + excess base' which I think is just a solid (ie insoluble) added to an acid, which you then filter and use the four step method to obtain a pure, dry sample

'titration - between an acid and an alkali if they you don't know the concentration of one or both' - it uses a soluble base

I think it will be fairly obvious in the test, but if you have two aqueous solutions and you are obtaining a solid, do the precipitation reaction. If you have a solid and some acid, do excess base. If you have an unknown concentration of acids and/or alkalis, do a titration

Based on past papers, I'd say it's most likely to be a titration...

Good luck :smile:

I have my exam tomorrow and I have absolutely no clue what that is! I haven't even come across it in my revision. Have you got any resources that can easily explain that to me, I'd really appreciate it... I'm so worried now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending