Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE 2009 Revision/Exams Chat watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samuelrhys)
    When is everyones first exam?

Mine is 12th May - R.E. (EDEXCEL) for 2 Hours!
    Ditto:rolleyes: ....But i'm doing OCR

ReputationRep:
    Mine's the 15th May - Spanish reading and listening. I've got the speaking for both French and Spanish first week of May though, so that's really my first exam.

ReputationRep:
    how much revision you guys doing at the moment

ReputationRep:
    my frst exam is tomorrow and wednesday 10 hours:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Exams coming up in the following months include:

Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    History
    Geography
    French
    R.S.
    Statistics
    English Lit
    Art

I've already done I.C.T., Maths, English Language and Core Science.

Going to start my revision in the Easter Holidays using a mixture of past papers and revision books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    I'm fairly angry with myself for those results (apart from one!); Biology 92%, Physics (89% - just one mark), Chemistry (72% - I think I got that leg hair removal one a bit messed up ).
    Leg hair removal??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Like quite a few on here I have core RS (half) on the 12th, but its with WJEC, apparently the school chose that exam board because it is easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gernumblies)
    Leg hair removal??? :confused:
    Yeah, or maybe that was the physics one - AQA Add. Sci. from January. Something about electrons moving freely in liquid and affecting the leg hair removal process for the better.

ReputationRep:
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Maths (in my E-time) for me
    yeahh deffo startin revision in the holidays (Y)

ReputationRep:
    Our school's a load of crap. We don't have study leave!

ReputationRep:
    Award in Digital Applications Level 2
    GCSE Citizenship (Short Course)
    Key Skills ICT Level 1
    Key Skills ICT Level 2
    BTEC First Diploma In Media Level 2
    GCSE Applied Business
    European Computer Driving License
    GCSE English Language
    GCSE Core Science
    GCSE English Literature
    GCSE Additional Science
    GCSE Mathematics
    GCSE Biology
    GCSE Religious Studies (Short Course)
    GCSE Chemistry
    OCR National Certificate In ICT Level 2

Most of these qualifications are useless, aren't they? Especially for a wannabe med student.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately most i'd say :/
    but you can make up for it if you full on ace you AS (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to crack on with some serious revision for about 3 weeks, but I just can't find the motivation! I've managed about an hour and a half done, on a good evening. Hopefully I'll get something worthwhile done in the Easter holidays! Also, I'm a fan of how the exams (mine, at least) are broken up by half term
    Have you all finished the courses in school, yet? We've come to the end in most subjects, but Biology WILL NOT END!

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSE German Oral (OCR) today. Was soo scared, but we've seen some past paper and everyone seemed to find it really easy and the topic Self Family and Friends seemed to come up 9/10 times for everyone!! I am not going to revise as much as I did for my Oral it requires to muh effort for only 25%!

ReputationRep:
    And ditto with the guy above our exams are broken up by half term :P and we have finished in everything apart for Geography and Biology

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Everyone is so organised!
    I need to get through the pile of coursework first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomSouthwell)
    And ditto with the guy above our exams are broken up by half term :P and we have finished in everything apart for Geography and Biology
    Mine also get broken up by half term although school isn't letting us leave until half term

ReputationRep:
    My first exam is the Spanish Oral on the 12th May, and I'm just starting my revision for everything now, past papers and revision books, lots of fun. We don't actually get study leave, but I'm taking it anyway, starting on the 13th, I've been looking forward to study leave for about 4 years :p: I've done all my coursework except ICT which is driving me insane!

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky, I've barely just finished all my English C/W last week and I got my marked grades which I was very pleased with. (A*) Now I need to start focusing for Maths, Additional Maths and Additional Chemistry (retake), Biology and Physics. I've also been surrounding myself with extracts from 'Of Mice and Men' and character descriptions.

As for me, I'm taking English Lang&Lit, Chemistry, Biology and German for AS! I might not choose German after all 'cause it comes so easy to me, but at the same time I don't want to forget it, so my best bet at retaining it would be taking it at AS... I'm having doubts about English combined with Lit&Lang because I like Literature more than the other, as well as that, its a coursework subject and I think I'd be too busy...ha.

Good luck to everyone for their upcoming exams, btw!

ReputationRep:
    whatre you thinkin of doing after A2?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.