The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

samuelrhys
When is everyones first exam?

Mine is 12th May - R.E. (EDEXCEL) for 2 Hours!

Ditto:rolleyes: ....But i'm doing OCR :smile:
Mine's the 15th May - Spanish reading and listening. I've got the speaking for both French and Spanish first week of May though, so that's really my first exam.
Reply 42
how much revision you guys doing at the moment
my frst exam is tomorrow and wednesday :smile: 10 hours:woo:
Reply 44
Exams coming up in the following months include:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
Geography
French
R.S.
Statistics
English Lit
Art

I've already done I.C.T., Maths, English Language and Core Science.

Going to start my revision in the Easter Holidays using a mixture of past papers and revision books.
TheMeister
I'm fairly angry with myself for those results (apart from one!); Biology 92%, Physics (89% - just one mark), Chemistry (72% - I think I got that leg hair removal one a bit messed up :biggrin:).

Leg hair removal??? :confused: :s-smilie:
Like quite a few on here I have core RS (half) on the 12th, but its with WJEC, apparently the school chose that exam board because it is easy?
gernumblies
Leg hair removal??? :confused: :s-smilie:

Yeah, or maybe that was the physics one - AQA Add. Sci. from January. Something about electrons moving freely in liquid and affecting the leg hair removal process for the better. :smile:
Reply 48
French
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths (in my E-time) for me :smile:
yeahh deffo startin revision in the holidays (Y)
Reply 49
Our school's a load of crap. We don't have study leave!
Reply 50
Award in Digital Applications Level 2
GCSE Citizenship (Short Course)
Key Skills ICT Level 1
Key Skills ICT Level 2
BTEC First Diploma In Media Level 2
GCSE Applied Business
European Computer Driving License
GCSE English Language
GCSE Core Science
GCSE English Literature
GCSE Additional Science
GCSE Mathematics
GCSE Biology
GCSE Religious Studies (Short Course)
GCSE Chemistry
OCR National Certificate In ICT Level 2

Most of these qualifications are useless, aren't they? Especially for a wannabe med student.
Reply 51
unfortunately most i'd say :/
but you can make up for it if you full on ace you AS (Y)
I've been trying to crack on with some serious revision for about 3 weeks, but I just can't find the motivation! I've managed about an hour and a half done, on a good evening. Hopefully I'll get something worthwhile done in the Easter holidays! Also, I'm a fan of how the exams (mine, at least) are broken up by half term :smile:
Have you all finished the courses in school, yet? We've come to the end in most subjects, but Biology WILL NOT END!
I did my GCSE German Oral (OCR) today. Was soo scared, but we've seen some past paper and everyone seemed to find it really easy and the topic Self Family and Friends seemed to come up 9/10 times for everyone!! I am not going to revise as much as I did for my Oral it requires to muh effort for only 25%!
And ditto with the guy above our exams are broken up by half term :P and we have finished in everything apart for Geography and Biology :biggrin:
:eek: Everyone is so organised!
I need to get through the pile of coursework first!
TomSouthwell
And ditto with the guy above our exams are broken up by half term :P and we have finished in everything apart for Geography and Biology :biggrin:

Mine also get broken up by half term :biggrin: although school isn't letting us leave until half term
Reply 57
My first exam is the Spanish Oral on the 12th May, and I'm just starting my revision for everything now, past papers and revision books, lots of fun. We don't actually get study leave, but I'm taking it anyway, starting on the 13th, I've been looking forward to study leave for about 4 years :p: I've done all my coursework except ICT which is driving me insane!
I'm lucky, I've barely just finished all my English C/W last week and I got my marked grades which I was very pleased with. (A*) Now I need to start focusing for Maths, Additional Maths and Additional Chemistry (retake), Biology and Physics. I've also been surrounding myself with extracts from 'Of Mice and Men' and character descriptions.

As for me, I'm taking English Lang&Lit, Chemistry, Biology and German for AS! I might not choose German after all 'cause it comes so easy to me, but at the same time I don't want to forget it, so my best bet at retaining it would be taking it at AS... I'm having doubts about English combined with Lit&Lang because I like Literature more than the other, as well as that, its a coursework subject and I think I'd be too busy...ha.

Good luck to everyone for their upcoming exams, btw!
Reply 59
whatre you thinkin of doing after A2?

Latest