Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoskal)
    This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Oxford gives out offers different than the typical offers on their website, or do they give out higher offers?
    As far as I'm aware, they only ever give their standard offer now.

ReputationRep:
    You're the only other christ church PPL interviewee I've found on here! There were about eighty last year, I suppose most people aren't online. I live in oxford so i think they must have all gone out at once! Very scared and excited to get the opportunity to do the interviews hahahhaha

(Original post by tenstemsandroses)
    I got an interview for PPL at Christ Church!!! Eep I didn't think they would send them out this early but maybe because I'm an international (from the US) they hurried it up a bit more for me?

Anyways, this means that PPL and EP invites should be on their way soon! Good luck to everyone else, I'm actually shaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_mc)
    Indeed, some really not so good things if I remember correctly xD Good choice, favourite author? Yes it was got the email in my chemistry lesson this morning and I've been jumping every time I get an email and this time I had a reason to! English seems to be going out very slowly this year I'm sure you'll hear tomorrow though! ^-^
    Oh no! I attended that school from Class I to X and the renovation that occurred during Classes VI - VIII really changed the whole ethos of the place. I still love Steiner though. (May I ask what things were said? I am curious about how other schools perceived the changes)
    Favourite playwright: Shakespeare
    Favourite author (at the moment): Mervyn Peake
    Got a favourite author yourself?
    It really is, but my fate should be revealed tomorrow ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor D)
    Interview for History and Economics at Hertford. Reallocated from Brasenose.
    Nice! Did this just come through now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuttsford)
    You got 9A*'s at A Level?
    What where you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecconomist)
    I heard back from them on Monday but for Economics and Management (they were the quickest college for the Econ courses).
    my friend got an interview on 25th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SadieSG)
    has anyone heard from st peter's for history yet?
    I know of someone who has got an interview for History and Politics, if thats of any use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    Congrats!! I'm an EP applicant. Would you mind if I asked you how your TSA went? Thank you. x
    Hi! I did several practice tests and we consistently getting around 70 on section 1, although I ran out of time on the actual TSA so I guessed about 3-5 and for the practice I would usually have about 10 minutes to spare. I'm not sure how well on section 2 but basically I answered the beauty question and talked about how beauty as a concept exists outside the realm of any observers.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixobholzer)
    You're the only other christ church PPL interviewee I've found on here! There were about eighty last year, I suppose most people aren't online. I live in oxford so i think they must have all gone out at once! Very scared and excited to get the opportunity to do the interviews hahahhaha
    Yes, my goodness PPL does not seem to be a very popular degree, although I'm not complaining because at least it gives us a better chance of acceptance haha.

Congrats on your acceptance as well! We'll probably meet on the 13th How are you going to prepare for the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Interview for History and Politics at Mansfield!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonwithnoname)
    No way, I was rooting for you crose! (Your Breakfast Club profile picture had me onside from the start :' ) Hope you're okay, at least you haven't been rejected from Oxford Brookes!
    Hahaha thank you! I've gotten unconditional offers from King's and St Andrews, so I'll be alright. I'm American and applying to way too many schools in the states as it is, so it's actually kind of good to have one taken off the table (it was totally a pipe dream anyway, sort of a "hey this would be kinda cool if it happened but if not nbd"). And hey, there's always study abroad and grad school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenstemsandroses)
    Hi! I did several practice tests and we consistently getting around 70 on section 1, although I ran out of time on the actual TSA so I guessed about 3-5 and for the practice I would usually have about 10 minutes to spare. I'm not sure how well on section 2 but basically I answered the beauty question and talked about how beauty as a concept exists outside the realm of any observers.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your application
    hi! congrats on your interview, thats amazing! May I ask you GCSE and AS grades and A-level subjects and predictions? Waiting on EP at New :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    Any chemists got an interview yet?
    Yeah, from st. peters. Which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    any other chemists at st. peters ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBilboBaggins)
    So, now that Merton have come alive...does anyone know when history invitations are likely to be sent?
    What do you mean Merton has come alive? I haven't heard anything yet from Merton, has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agax2468)
    What do you mean Merton has come alive? I haven't heard anything yet from Merton, has anyone else?
    For as far as I know, maybe one or two people on this thread. If you check the admissions page, there have been updates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddbrain)
    I've applied to PPE at Keble too. When did you get your interview offer? Was it by email or letter?
    I received it by email at about 6 PM today. However, I called the admissions office at Keble and they told me that UK applicants receive only a letter and non-UK both- email and letter.

So you should probably hear tomorrow or rather today (as it is so late already). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PasserbyA)
    For as far as I know, maybe one or two people on this thread. If you check the admissions page, there have been updates.
    I'm applying for biological sciences, which has a rather early interview date, so I'm now a bit worried. And why admissions page? The admissions timetable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agax2468)
    I'm applying for biological sciences, which has a rather early interview date, so I'm now a bit worried. And why admissions page? The admissions timetable?
    I'm applying for E&M, which is rather early too, so I'm expecting a reply today (since they told someone else Chemistry would hear back next friday, and if you count back the days...). Don't worry, it should come either today or next Monday or so, whatever the decision may be.

The page I'm referring to is this one:
    http://www.merton.ox.ac.uk/undergrad...dmissions-2015

They updated it with the section "Information for candidates invited to interview" yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PasserbyA)
    I'm applying for E&M, which is rather early too, so I'm expecting a reply today (since they told someone else Chemistry would hear back next friday, and if you count back the days...). Don't worry, it should come either today or next Monday or so, whatever the decision may be.

The page I'm referring to is this one:
    http://www.merton.ox.ac.uk/undergrad...dmissions-2015

They updated it with the section "Information for candidates invited to interview" yesterday.
    Thanks, and as for today, it's nearly 10:00pm for me on the east coast of North America (I'm
    currently in Toronto but only visiting over thanksgiving break from Washington DC), so I'll likely come when I'm asleep. Best of luck in E&M!
    And I now I shouldn't be worried, I just am—but eh could be worse!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.