The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The skill rating is really annoying though. Considering it is based on team performance and not personal performance. It can take 3 or 4 wins to go up a level but one loss to drop a level.*
Reply 61
Original post by Vikingninja
Hate how its such a mixed bag the system that other players can ruin your level. I will go up to 49/50 and then get a losing streak down to 45-47 and then a winning streak etc.

Agreed (just posted without seeing your post!)

It should be weighted in terms of personal performance when playing the objective.

I'm happy enough as long as ****ing k/d stays away from. The game. *
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Agreed (just posted without seeing your post!)

It should be weighted in terms of personal performance when playing the objective.

I'm happy enough as long as ****ing k/d stays away from. The game. *

It does but it varies by a very small amount in terms of personal performance, find it ridiculous you can lose loads but gain little in wins or losses.
FINALLY after so many long losing streaks with a few good wins pushing me massively up in a single match in the 40's bracket but enough to keep me in the bracket I have finally broken my season best and now 52.
Reply 64
It does but it varies by a very small amount in terms of personal performance, find it ridiculous you can lose loads but gain little in wins or losses.

Damn, I placed 45 and haven't been able to get back up there. At 40 rn, solo is a very mixed bag once all my team mates left. And I don't think I'm doing that bad to be completely honest, I always have 2-3 gold medals idk.
Original post by GUMI
Damn, I placed 45 and haven't been able to get back up there. At 40 rn, solo is a very mixed bag once all my team mates left. And I don't think I'm doing that bad to be completely honest, I always have 2-3 gold medals idk.

Just got put back into 40's after a truly atrocious losing streak though I got 2 good wins so back up to 49. Had a team where I was tanking and no one played healer for the first 2 mins and we could not recover from that since people just went in one after another. Then another team where the healer would not listen to callouts and would lead a push which wasn't happening and we had a widow so it was hard to push. The worst team was on Nepal where the only close range person was tracer and the other damage people were shooting from a distance so we weren't capping and the enemy could just keep peeking from cover.

I generally get around 2 gold medals and 2 silvers with a bronze normally. The game with the bad healer I had 5 golds (the healer was that bad). When I'm as roadhog if the team is going derp mode I die loads but if the team works together I easily get kill streaks of 10-18 (I always die when I reach 18...).
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm around 53 or so. :smile:
Holy **** zarya is ridiculous. Used to hate her but came up against her in nearly every match and she would counter my heroes. Now tried her and she is ****in amazing, amazing for aggressive tanking and high dps, just played a game with her on gibraltar on defense and we kept them at the first checkpoint, kept on pushing aggressively and died very few times. Also only got bronze for dmg and gold for obj time but got like 90% rank up which is the largest I've ever gotten.

edit: just got a game where I got exp equivalent to an entire rank up, play zarya for easy rank XD.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
Holy **** zarya is ridiculous. Used to hate her but came up against her in nearly every match and she would counter my heroes. Now tried her and she is ****in amazing, amazing for aggressive tanking and high dps, just played a game with her on gibraltar on defense and we kept them at the first checkpoint, kept on pushing aggressively and died very few times. Also only got bronze for dmg and gold for obj time but got like 90% rank up which is the largest I've ever gotten.

edit: just got a game where I got exp equivalent to an entire rank up, play zarya for easy rank XD.

Yea I just recently (like two matches ago) started playing her and she is really good. I still lose cuz my team is bad tho :angry:
Zarya is God tier. She is my favourite hero by far. I think a lot of people started to play her when they heard about the Korean girl get accused of hacking with her.

Finally finished my placement games and got ranked at 56. Pretty happy with that!
Guys i am actually going to buy overwatch for pc today, cant wait!!
Original post by GUMI
Yea I just recently (like two matches ago) started playing her and she is really good. I still lose cuz my team is bad tho :angry:

Zarya is rather bad when with an incompetent team because to get 100% charge without dying you will want to shield your allies as well. Had one bad team where they all spread out an really zarya is a supporting off tank and she kind of sucks on her own or there isn anyone nearby to run back to.

Original post by NathanW18
Zarya is God tier. She is my favourite hero by far. I think a lot of people started to play her when they heard about the Korean girl get accused of hacking with her.

Finally finished my placement games and got ranked at 56. Pretty happy with that!

I decided to start playing her because she countered pretty much every hero I played. She's so good against road hog because if he hooks her she can shield and just get 50% charge there and then, also there is a awkward range for roadhog where his primary fire spreads too much and the secondary fire hits with the ball so does little dmg and zarya can kill him from there. Originally didn't like her in quick play because the two games I played as her the first I was just **** and the second the team I couldn't support.

She's the worst for ego because you get barely any medals but she levels up so fast in comp. 3 games I got 2 100% rank ups and the other one was 90%, only gold was obj time in each game and apart from that only got one bronze dmg done and a silver obj kills.

Also congrats on that rank, believe it's around top 20%, I'm now at 54 which I believe is top 25%.

Original post by SuperHuman98
Guys i am actually going to buy overwatch for pc today, cant wait!!

Join the brotherhood of gamers of good choices XD.
(edited 7 years ago)

Join the brotherhood of gamers of good choices XD.

Even though I will be a noob the heroes that I like the look of are Tracer,McCree and Reaper!
Also congrats on that rank, believe it's around top 20%, I'm now at 54 which I believe is top 25%.

Nice one! I've just reached 51

I've become a bit of a junkrat obsessive... He's so versatile I've been playing him pretty successfully on payload defense and points capture, sometimes payload attack as well - the ability to remotely one-shot flankers is so strong since people still love playing solo strats and running around the edges
Original post by Architecture-er
Nice one! I've just reached 51

I've become a bit of a junkrat obsessive... He's so versatile I've been playing him pretty successfully on payload defense and points capture, sometimes payload attack as well - the ability to remotely one-shot flankers is so strong since people still love playing solo strats and running around the edges

I liked playing junkrat on quick play though I enjoy tanks more in competitive since I love their playstyles more, only non tank or support hero I regularly play in competitive is 76. Love how with junkrat when a flanker came up to you the concussion mine can be used as an emergency escape and high dmg attack at the same time. On defense on maps like Numbani I always play roadhog as an off tank counter flanker, so good against flankers especially on numbani. Numbani has so many corridors which flankers go down and this pretty much means the flankers either need to go towards me or backwards which isn't ideal against my hook, only flanker I have trouble against is reaper because he has decent hp and his shotguns do loads of dmg to roadhog.
I decided to start playing her because she countered pretty much every hero I played. She's so good against road hog because if he hooks her she can shield and just get 50% charge there and then, also there is a awkward range for roadhog where his primary fire spreads too much and the secondary fire hits with the ball so does little dmg and zarya can kill him from there. Originally didn't like her in quick play because the two games I played as her the first I was just **** and the second the team I couldn't support.

She's the worst for ego because you get barely any medals but she levels up so fast in comp. 3 games I got 2 100% rank ups and the other one was 90%, only gold was obj time in each game and apart from that only got one bronze dmg done and a silver obj kills.

Roadhog still scares me as Zarya, because he can do a lot of damage. If he catches you with your barrier on cooldown, you're probably in trouble. Her personal barrier does have a pretty long cooldown of 10 seconds. I think she takes time to get good with. You need to be good at managing your own barrier and it also really helps to have teammates that will push with you. If you're solo tanking and everybody is behind you, you're probably in for a bad time. She shines when she has another tank to barrier on the frontlines.

She is great at getting medals. I earn a lot in eliminations, objective kills, and objective time. Damage done is less likely, though. It's still possible if you're playing on a team with few offence heroes. My medal average is pretty high, I think. It can depend on your team, though. You need teammates that will push up with you. I play mostly with a team now, so it helps me to play well with her.

Thank you and congrats to you, too!
Original post by NathanW18
Roadhog still scares me as Zarya, because he can do a lot of damage. If he catches you with your barrier on cooldown, you're probably in trouble. Her personal barrier does have a pretty long cooldown of 10 seconds. I think she takes time to get good with. You need to be good at managing your own barrier and it also really helps to have teammates that will push with you. If you're solo tanking and everybody is behind you, you're probably in for a bad time. She shines when she has another tank to barrier on the frontlines.

She is great at getting medals. I earn a lot in eliminations, objective kills, and objective time. Damage done is less likely, though. It's still possible if you're playing on a team with few offence heroes. My medal average is pretty high, I think. It can depend on your team, though. You need teammates that will push up with you. I play mostly with a team now, so it helps me to play well with her.

Thank you and congrats to you, too!

My best game was where we had a bastion, mercy and rheinhardt camping on their payload, since I kept maintaining high charge I kept being aggressive as I could dish out loads of dmg. I mostly get obj time because people like to go on ahead, a lot of the time I rarely got obj kills because enemies were then barely on a cap or payload. Just had a game where I got gold elim, obj kills and obj time but the team was rather messy as I went with a group with a guy who is low ranking.

Roadhog I tend to be more scared of on the KoTH maps but I really try and maintain my distance at his awkward range to kill him. Also Zarya isn't too large which sort of helps her against roadhog.
Reply 77
[video="youtube;ZcCGKrYgr0k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCGKrYgr0k[/video]
Original post by GUMI
[video="youtube;ZcCGKrYgr0k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCGKrYgr0k[/video]

The cloak looks very similar to Sombra in the newspapers which is confusing considering that YT description and "her" affiliation with reaper unless she's turned villain to protect her family. Also holy **** that selection of abilities and her rapid heal makes her look OP.
So these are Ana's skill abilities:

Biotic rifle:
Ana’s rifle shoots darts that can restore health to her allies or deal ongoing damage to her enemies. She can use the rifle’s scope to zoom in on targets and make highly accurate shots.

Sleep dart:
Ana fires a dart from her sidearm, rendering an enemy unconscious (though any damage will rouse them).

Biotic grenade:
Ana tosses a biotic bomb that deals damage to enemies and heals allies in a small area of effect. Affected allies briefly receive increased healing from all sources, while enemies caught in the blast cannot be healed for a few moments. (wtf this is OP)

Nano boost (ultimate):
After Ana hits one of her allies with a combat boost, they temporarily move faster, deal more damage, and take less damage from enemies’ attacks.

Quick Reply

Latest