The Student Room Group

AQA A level computer science NEA ideas

I'm in year 12, and I need to begin my NEA soon. I have been playing about with a few ideas, but ultimately, I need to do something to get me an A*, but I am stuck for ideas, so I was wondering if anybody had any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by MathsEnjoyer
I'm in year 12, and I need to begin my NEA soon. I have been playing about with a few ideas, but ultimately, I need to do something to get me an A*, but I am stuck for ideas, so I was wondering if anybody had any advice?

In the case of OCR, don't worry about what your gonna do your project on. Just make sure you will enjoy it and that you can break the problem down into a few algorithms. TRUST ME, most of the marks don't come your from your actual project (for OCR) and the ones that do come from the programming log (what you did each day and any problems you had). My orignal idea was to create a pair of smart glasses that could take voice commands and display images onto the glasses. My final project, didn't even work and had no screen and I still scored a 57/70 which I think is an A. Although not an A*, I still scored higher then most people in my class, all of which had a completed project. If you really want ideas you could do a 2D game that randomly generates rooms with monsters, voice recogoniton, password encryption. In my class some people did a lego piece recognition, an overwatch stat tracker and teddy bear that used face recognition to register students.

I have to enphasises if you want an A* read the mark scheme, don't do anything fancy and meet all the points. FOLLOW THE MARK SCHEME WORD FOR WORD. xD

Quick Reply

Latest