The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coronatheatre
could someone please explain SDGs?? im bit confused thanks

'Sustainable Development Goals' - they're basically going to replace MDGs, when they're due to 'expire' at the end of 2015.
Same as MDGs, but more focus on the environment I guess, and sustainability
Original post by subject1
Tbh many of my points are Vision 2030 schemes, but I didn't want to give too much away :biggrin:

In terms of synoptic links perhaps? - Aid? How important should aid be compared to trade for Kenya to develop and meet MDGs.

globalisation through technology and transport, something that the mdg's didn't implement in any of the goals and tendency for globalisation could help form international links that would benefit kenya as a whole
Original post by coronatheatre
could someone please explain SDGs?? im bit confused thanks

basically the sustainable development goals brought drafted to follow the mdg but now there are 17 goals.
Any good sites for the SDGs ? Can't find much
Best of luck all
I haven't been taught chi squared or Mann Whitney u test?? If they come up in the exam will the info be given or will I just have to guess how to do it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 946
Original post by biojames
Any good sites for the SDGs ? Can't find much

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/jan/19/sustainable-development-goals-united-nations
this article on the guardian gives a good overview, good luck!
Reply 947
Are we meant to know how Kenya is progressing with each MDG? if so how do i find out? thankyou.
Original post by pete184
Are we meant to know how Kenya is progressing with each MDG? if so how do i find out? thankyou.

Hahaha good luck boi
Reply 949
Original post by MikeBird
I agree defiantly links to 2030 and SDG, maybe you could mention the disadvantage of having the same goals for all countries and the potential benefits of vison 2030 as it is specified to improvements within kenya rather than goals for all countries to meet

Don't forget that Vision 2030 is a little bit biased :smile:. Also, if you look at the map for the V2030 of where these changes are being implemented, you'll see there's huge disparity in the investments (with most being allocated to the urban areas of Nairobi/Mombasa etc, and a total disregard for the North)
I am so scared I don't even know what the questions look like and where we write them down completely blind to this exam :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm walking in blind to this exam. Wish me luck and I you all luck.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Me and @danhuk are just as excited as everyone else xo (sarcasm)
That was the worst exam of my a level life and what an awful one to finish on.
What on earth was the geographical significance and question and what on earth was the riders for health question about the extent of whatever

My geography a level is over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some hard ones some easy ones. Who knows hopefully below normal grade boundaries. 28 for a c I'm hoping. Some of them questions like the geographical significance did confuse me :frown:
Original post by elliec_
What on earth was the geographical significance and question and what on earth was the riders for health question about the extent of whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont give up grade boundaries are quite low ! You never know
Thought it went quite well tbh
Original post by elliec_

Posted from TSR Mobile

all seven of my exam went amazing....then this!
You can tell they really rushed this paper
Only thing I found was you can only talk rubbish about Kenya for so long then you are stuck for what to write about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending